Grease for brake caliper pin?

If you are lucky, you can ask CRC customer service or sales for a sample pack and it will include some stuff for you to try. Last time they gave me their entire line of brake service lubricants and cleaners for free!

I never have tried any dedicated caliper lube but I have used other stuff. The worst idea ever was anti seize that gummed up really bad( it was the only thing I had to use at the time) For years I have just used a good synthetic grease like Valvoline synpower or lucas. I'm pretty anal when it come to brakes and learned a lot while racing a first gen rx7 in a class that didn't allow upgraded rotor or such just braided lines and pads of your choice witch we pushed those stock components to the limit and beyond constantly sometimes cracking a rotor a session depending on the weather and how hard you were fighting for position. The only time in the last 10 yrs I have had brake issues is when I have had a shop do the brakes on my work trucks due to being to busy to do them myself. Between my 3 trucks and other cars I've racked up about 600k miles in the last 10 yrs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Has anyone noticed that the caliper pins are different top to bottom? One of them has a small rubber sleeve about 1/2” long at the tip, the other does not. I may have inadvertently put mine back in the wrong spot . Anyone know if the pin with the rubber goes in the top or bottom?
27CE133E-A498-43DB-970A-21258ADBFEFB.jpeg

Usually bottom. Some calipers come with pins where both have the rubber sleeve on them. It is supposed to be anti-rattle. In truth it is not critical that it be in the top or bottom position. The sleeve on your pin looks a little worn out and might be replaced. The rubber sleeve is often included in a caliper hardware kit- along with shims and caliper pin dust boots. The caliper pins themselves can also be bought - usually without the sleeve.

Has anyone noticed that the caliper pins are different top to bottom? One of them has a small rubber sleeve about 1/2” long at the tip, the other does not. I may have inadvertently put mine back in the wrong spot . Anyone know if the pin with the rubber goes in the top or bottom?View attachment 225317

I recall asking the parts dealer that same question and he mentioned that the black piece was part of a rebuild kit or something but I'm not entirely sure how accurate that is.

Back