Gracenote Database update

Has anyone been able to update the gracenote database? I've tried several times to update in my 2016 CX-5 without any luck whatsoever. I am at version 00.08.000 and did everything that the Mazda connect site says for directions and still not able to.

I tried doing it with everything unplugged, SD card removed, Carplay off, bluetooth off, USB drive is formatted to FAT32, and still - big goose egg.

WTH am I missing? Only wanting to update because I am tired of looking at the radio and album cover information NEVER shows up. I just upgraded to the new firmware without any issues.

You mention that you removed the SD card? Why? Have you tried the update with the SD card installed? The new Gracenote data needs to be stored somewhere, right? I'm fairly certain that the new data lives on the SD card. Either that or it gets written to some memory location in the infotainment system. My money is on the SD card.

In any case, the last time that I updated Gracenote in my 2016.5 I left the SD card inserted and had no issues with the update. Now that I think of it I believe that it's time to do this again in my CX and the MX.

Upvote 0
What version of firmware are you running? If you are at v70.x or later Gracenotes gets updated with the f/w whereas before Gracenotes was a separate update. Version 9 came out in 6/2018. Believe that was the last one you can update independently of the f/w.

Upvote 0
Yes I have version 9. I see the latest version is 1.1.1.02071 but it wont recognize it when I try to update. Why can't we update after version 9?

Upvote 0
There are MZD I and new MZD II systems. For the MZD I (e.g. CX-5 KE/KF 2015-2020) the latest Gracenote version is 9 of 2018 - unfortunately. The other format/versioning is for the MZD II (e.g. CX-5 KF 2021+) and can not be installed at the old MZD I.

Upvote 0
I checked the versions in both my CX and my MX yesterday. Both have the June 2018 version 9 installed.

Truthfully I don't use Gracenote much any more. Since I almost always stream music using my phone from either Pandora or Spotify.

Upvote 0
I doubt it, as there was no update in the last 3 years, before there were 1toSome in the years before. Mazda seems to concentrate on the newer MZD systems.

Upvote 0
Back