Goodbye Mazda2, hellooooo ND!

utmorpheus

:
13 Mz2 Touring MTX
http://jalopnik.com/here-are-the-official-pics-of-the-2016-mazda-miata-1630339600

kt0pz5mxqyvncsdibqhz.jpg

How much, and when. Also, HP figures, etc? They're still very tight lipped.

Yeah I'm debating starting to save now and when the time comes trade in the 2 for this. Dat projected curb weight - 2200 lbs =)

I like the weight. I'm not really a fan of the looks (I prefer the current gen), but it should be a better car overall.

Hopefully they'll bump up the power a bit.

This car changed all my plans. I was planning on getting a small SUV and a bike but now it looks like my 2 will stay as a great DD. I want this new MX-5 badly, I miss my 1992 MX-5 and this new car is prefect from every angle. I can't find anything wrong with it, I can't wait to see the specs and performance numbers.

We are still going for a CX-5 for our SUV needs, I guess our dealer will be happy to see us spring 2016

How much, and when. Also, HP figures, etc? They're still very tight lipped.

I heard there will be 2 motors, a 1.5 140 hp, and a 2.0 180 hp. A 180hp, 2200 lb miata sounds like a riot to me.

Other than the front end, I love the design. The release video was pretty lame though.

I have a feeling once both my kids are in grade school and riding the bus, a used ND may replace the 2.

Last edited:
I know I am going to get one. I talked to the local dealer a few weeks back and he is going to give me first dibs on the cars they get. That is when they ever get any of the details on options/details.

-Derrick

Back