Good wheel setup for 2014 CX-5?

Hi all,

I’m currently using some atlas tires 225-65 on default 17’’ rims.

Google says the trim supports 17-19’’...What good setup can you recommend? I do not have snow in my area.

Tbh 20x8.5 offset 40. Skip the 19's due to tire choices. Tires/wheels are cheap and the width gives good grip width options (255 a good width), that aren't excessive for power/cornering ability. 40 offset (on a 8.5" wide wheel) gives a "flush" appearance, but it's actually a few mm inside the fender still.. I'm actually running some Atlas Force UHP myself; best valued tire I've ever owned.

Tsw brand has good quality low price wheels (and their website lists full specs on their wheels), but you can find plenty of cheap wheels all around (ebay/Amazon too). Bolt pattern is 5x114.5 , bore (size of the center hole) needs to be at least 67.1mm, most aftermarket wheels are around 70mm so it isn't usually an issue.

Just an example if you've never shopped for wheels before, the numbers I mentioned are the main ones you need to worry about for fitment (bolt pattern, hub bore size are the main two)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-165708_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-165708_Samsung Internet.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 164
20s will fit if that's what you're looking for. I have 18x8.5 +38 wheels with 235/60/18 tires and I'm happy with the look and ride. I suggest looking through this thread to see examples of what wheels & tires people are running to get an idea of what you want...

20s will fit if that's what you're looking for. I have 18x8.5 +38 wheels with 235/60/18 tires and I'm happy with the look and ride. I suggest looking through this thread to see examples of what wheels & tires people are running to get an idea of what you want...
What I’m looking for is a quiet and reliable set of tires. If it requires other rims - it’s ok but if my default 17’’ would work - it’s even better. ;)

I checked few pages from that thread - it’s more about good looking stuff. I don’t really care how it would look because for me it’s about the performance.

Oh, your post read like you were looking to upgrade to an aftermarket wheel size.. in which case, sound isn't a metric important to me, grip and sidewall stiffness is. I don't have any recommendation in that respect.

A wider tire will lead to more hydroplaning if you drive a lot in water or slipping if snow.

Well, really, a wider tire has to be designed differently to prevent those things. They aren't inevitable.

Back