Generic sill protector?

They look pretty good. That part of the car does take some abuse. I scuffed up one of the rear door sills where it curves up for the rear wheel well. I've been thinking about protecting it. I have a roll of heavy duty stainless steel tape and considered using it to make some protectors. My cx5 is silver so it would sort of match.

I want a solution as simple as this to cover that inner/plastic portion that gets scuffed easily. I know, protection for the plastic protector? Don't know how well film would adhere to the plastic

I tried the carbon fiber tape, was a waste of money in my opinion. The plastic molded seem to be the best, if you can find them in USA.

Many of those say inner and outer, but the pictures indicate that they are just the out ones for tha front and back on each side. And I can never figure out the russian Ali express site

yeah not sure why aliexpress get stuck on the .ru domain.. had it happen to me -- ended up using a different browser.

anyways

you get this set.. and cover everything!

20200715_084045.jpg
I was thinking that some cars I've owned came with plastic sill covers and I noticed these on my Chevy. They have a rubber door seal on the edge. I wonder if this type is available for cx5.
This type might also cause some rust to form under the plastic. I'm not sure how they are attached.

Yeah, there wouldn't be space under the sills to accumulate debris.
I was looking at my cx5 and I think I'm harder on the interior plastic sills than the metal.

I thought about the clear. I've installed it on flat surfaces before, but all the ridges in the inner sill, along with the fact that it's textured plastic, I'm not sure how well it will adhere

I mean replacement parts are NOT that spendy for the inner area about 5.00 each.

Door Sill Plate
Part Number: KB7W-68-710A-02
Positions: Front Right

Door Sill Plate
Part Number: KB7W-68-720A-02
Positions: Front Left

Door Sill Plate
Part Number: KB7W-68-730-02
Positions: Rear Right
Other Names: Plate(R) Rear Scuff

Door Sill Plate
Part Number: KB7W-68-740-02