General consensus on the white color for the CX5

Sorry guy once you see the CX-5 in metallic gray out in the wild nothing else compares.

That was my first choice! The dark blue was second and black third. A dealer not far from me had gotten in a gray 2019 GTR the day after I bought my white one. It was a swap and the deal fell apart so it became available and its still available. The white is growing on me though. I had spoken to a detailer and he mentioned that white is a great choice since it hides scratches and swirls very well. My dark green (looks black unless its in the sun) CRV has scratches which can easily be seen. Bugs the hell out of me. Freaking shopping carts...

White is generally the easiest color too paint match and touch up.

Metallic gray, like mine, is worse as even though the Mazda paint matches the shade can vary with the light somehow. Plus gray is almost like camouflage on gray pavement at certain times of the day.

I've read a persons satisfaction with their car is more about the interior because that's where they spend their time. Works for me especially with tunes and GPS, etc.

Having worked for MDOT for many years and them having many vehicles they somehow found or studied that White seemed to be the safest color. I am on my 3rd White vehicle and couldn't be happier, it doesn't show dust, looks really good when Waxed and really is fairly easily to touch up stone chips etc.. My son in law bought my last all white vehicle and the first thing he noticed was that in general people don't pull out in front of him nearly as much as his silver vehicle.

One perk of a white car is, If your state allows it, match up the front windows tint to the rear. 35-30% tint. It'll up the masculine factor 10 fold alone, and looks unbeatable on white vehicle
AB1C7FB5-BDD4-46D5-B54C-E01D3D61101F.jpeg
30748D67-49FD-4F22-AC3F-246BD20EC2E1.jpeg

Sorry guy once you see the CX-5 in metallic gray out in the wild nothing else compares.
That was my original color choice. Test drove a metallic gray and then I saw a white one and it was love at first sight.

Anybody know why white has a $200 surcharge? I know red has some chipping issues, any feedback on how well white holds up?
I wonder if they haven't fixed the paint issue.

When I started looking in the spring of 2018, SCRM was Mazda's version of Honda's oil dilution. There were so many horror stories on so many forums, to include a guy whose car looked like it had the measles (from the hood all the way down both sides/all 4 doors). I really wanted red but decided against it for this reason.

Since the initial spate of angry owners in 2018/early 2019, I have not heard a peep out of anyone regarding chipping.

So drove my new white CX5 to work and was told it looks like a typical woman’s car. I didn’t really have a choice since this was the only GTR at the dealership. So what is the general consensus, is a white CX5 considered feminine? Do many guys drive white CX5’s?
1) Who cares?
2) There is no 2.

If this guy isnt a buddy busting your chops, he's a prick. Who just says that to a co worker? You work at Cavemen R Us?

As for white, I personally didn't like white on Mazdas until recently. Grew on me. I do feel certain whites look great on certain cars and not on others. It's one colour I can be all over the board on.

One constant for me and white is chrome. If car has chrome accents, I find white does better. Which often means upper models in white yes, lower ones...not so much.

Have a CRV in white. Love it, but I also then steered away from my preferred gunmetal/grey winter rims on it. For some reason, I find white and silver rims are better combo.

And white often has availability for beige interiors, a plus for me usually.

I don't think I could write this much about any car colour except white!

Oh, and I'll risk going off colour here...but if he's busting you as a buddy, next time he does it the correct reply is You think it's a woman's colour? So did your mom/wife/sister last night.

Yeah he is a buddy that I think was a bit jealous because It blew his crappy Infiniti SUV away in every conceivable way. His comments didn't bother me especially since I didn't have much choice due to the lack of availability of the 2019 GTR's in December and I was pretty much a captive audience at the dealership due to an almost nonfunctional Outback I was trading in. White wasn't my first choice, I would have preferred the Gray, dark blue or black. Another dealership had a red, but I didn't want to deal with the chipping issues. The wife likes the color though for some reason she doesn't like driving it. Her major complaints are the blind spot monitoring giving false readings (she has a point there) and the transmission noise. She got used to CVT's in both the Outback and CRV and thinks the CX5 transmission sounds weird, I gave up trying to explain the advantages of actual gears to her.

So drove my new white CX5 to work and was told it looks like a typical woman’s car. I didn’t really have a choice since this was the only GTR at the dealership. So what is the general consensus, is a white CX5 considered feminine? Do many guys drive white CX5’s?
White is fine... both our 2016 Mazda 6 and our 2019 CX-5 are white. I live in the southern New Mexico desert... walk through the car dealers lot or parking lot on a bright sunny summer day touching each different colored vehicle... you'll understand my decision to chose white!

Love the white. My 2013 CX-5 was gray and showed lots of dirt. Traded up to a white 2014 CX-5 and drove it until three weeks ago. Now driving a white CX-30. My wife has the CX-5 for now.

Attachments

• CX-30 side.jpg
    CX-30 side.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 112
Back