Front Bumper reinforcement bar question.

Mikeyman64

Zoomer
:
Atlanta
:
2002/2003.5 "MSP5"
Hey there, I've got a 2002 P5 that had a little make-out session with a friend's old BMW. Long story short, I took my bumper assembly apart and found that the reinforcement bar is quite mashed, more than I would like. I've been looking around and took a gander at the service manual's part list and found that there are two different versions of the bar:

BN7H-50-070A

and

BL8D-50-070B

The first being from the P5 and the "MPS" version of the sedan, the second being from the "Sport" version of the sedan.

EDIT: So I did a little more research. I guess I could fit it with a mod? Which I'm not interested in doing. Anyone got a wrecked P5 with a good bumper bar? lol

I have found a bumper bar online for relatively cheap, but it's a BL8D. So my question is, would this bar fit on my car? And if it fit on the car, could I still fit my current bumper cover w/ fog lights and all on it? Or should I look for a BN7H?

Last edited:
Hey there, I've got a 2002 P5 that had a little make-out session with a friend's old BMW. Long story short, I took my bumper assembly apart and found that the reinforcement bar is quite mashed, more than I would like. I've been looking around and took a gander at the service manual's part list and found that there are two different versions of the bar:

BN7H-50-070A

and

BL8D-50-070B

The first being from the P5 and the "MPS" version of the sedan, the second being from the "Sport" version of the sedan.

EDIT: So I did a little more research. I guess I could fit it with a mod? Which I'm not interested in doing. Anyone got a wrecked P5 with a good bumper bar? lol

I have found a bumper bar online for relatively cheap, but it's a BL8D. So my question is, would this bar fit on my car? And if it fit on the car, could I still fit my current bumper cover w/ fog lights and all on it? Or should I look for a BN7H?

I think I would go with the BN7H. They wouldn't list two p/n's if they were interchangeable.

+2 on going with the P5 part number. IIRC, you'd have issues with a sedan bumper bar because of the different shaped bumper covers with mix/match issues such as upper and lower grill fitment, no fog holes or different shaped, and it just lookin kinda "different". Sedan with P5 bumper = looks OK, P5 with sedan bumper = not so much....IMO

yeah the sedan bar is a white plastic that is taller and wont fit behind the p5/MSP bumper cover. So definitely go with the P5 bar.

Back