Free oil change under 2 year warranty?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I'm due for my second oil change (got my first one free at Mazda) and I am wondering if your car came with free oil changes for the first 2 years? I know this is fairly common with many car brands.

Before I call and ask, I wanted to see what everyone else had to say!

This is not something Mazda has ever offered. Individual dealers sometimes offer this as an enticement to buy, although don't expect to get Mazda super-moly oil unless you ask and pay extra for it.

^^^ I'll repeat what paris1 said, Mazda itself doesn't offer any free oil change like BMW and Audi, but only individual dealers do. And if you thought you'll get Mazda moly oil because you do your oil change at a Mazda dealer, no, it's not! I didn't ask for any free oil change during the price negotiation as I'm not interested to use this oil used by my Mazda dealer:

Town%2BNorth%2BMazda%2BOil-05_20151215.jpg

Make sure to turn on your oil life monitor to use Flexible Maintenance Schedule for Oil Change.

I'm due for my second oil change (got my first one free at Mazda) and I am wondering if your car came with free oil changes for the first 2 years? I know this is fairly common with many car brands.

Before I call and ask, I wanted to see what everyone else had to say!

You don't have any documentation from when you bought the car telling you what the dealer would give you?

Mazda only gives you one free oil change service I think. Or at least that's what was given to me. Anything else is extra from the dealer.

Mazda only gives you one free oil change service I think. Or at least that's what was given to me. Anything else is extra from the dealer.

That first one was freebie from your dealer too. Mazda does not offer it with a sale, only the dealers do and that, quite naturally, varies from dealer to dealer and market to market.

I got 3 free oil change coupons from my dealer that had to be used in the first year or close to it. I think the third one was used about 6 weeks after the expiration date but they still excepted it. I did have to pay an up charge for the Mazda Moly oil. It was a deal the dealership did not mazda.

I'll agree that every dealer is different, in my case they gave me two free changes. And it was with "Mazda oil". Again, every dealer is different when it comes to oil. Some use mazda oil, some use what ever is the cheapest. Personally, this mazda moly thing is blown out of proportion, it's not even available in Canada. I wouldn't be happy if they used that NO-name preferred choice (shown above), but as long as it's a name brand, Pennzoil, Castrol, mobil1, etc. its all good.
FWIW, it's quite common up here to get free changes as long as you own the car, but I imagine there is some cost hidden in the purchase price of the car.

Back