Forge Bypass Valve

Don't even mess with the BPV bs, just get an aftermarket BOV and relocate the MAF sensor. I have a 7" tall FMIC core without cutting the bumper or crash bar, it will fit fine.

Don't even mess with the BPV bs, just get an aftermarket BOV and relocate the MAF sensor. I have a 7" tall FMIC core without cutting the bumper or crash bar, it will fit fine.

Ok. Yeah cause I was like, buy a forge bpv for $150. Or for $50 more I can get a fmic kit that has a bov already.

Also. Does anybody else know what the barcode on the wastegate is? Mines showing numbers 1011-1540 52111 02118

What for? I don't know why they are there but I also don't know why it matters? lol

Well, I wanna know if its the factory wastegate or an aftermarket one. Cause my boost doesn't sit steadily at 7. It jumps from 7-5. Or sometimes it wont past 5. I also have a CEL but its for a VTCS. I don't know if the vtcs would affect my boost jumping. Cause if it doesn't and my wastegate with the barcode is factory, imma buy the atp wastegate.

Last edited:
I had an issue with inconsistent boost when mine was running, it ended up being the WGA. It had 128xxx miles on it and decided to take a dump on me

It may be the factory WGA, but it doesn't really matter if it's been replaced before, all that matters is whether it functions now. Blow into the vac line that runs to it, if air passes through it's bad.

Where exactly would you hear the air coming through? I can't imagine hearing it coming out of the wga or tubes. Confused lol

If air passes through it's bad. If there is resistance and it holds pressure for as hard as you can blow, it's probably ok. Or you can use a pressure tester.

If air passes through it's bad. If there is resistance and it holds pressure for as hard as you can blow, it's probably ok. Or you can use a pressure tester.

ok ill have to try that. my woman took my car to work without my permission. lol

Well, it holds air. I blew into the line that's connected to my boost controller. Is that the right one?

Inconsistent boost could be an ignition issue, internal wastegate flapper backed out of exhaust housing, boost/vac leak, failing turbo, etc, several things could cause it.

Inconsistent boost could be an ignition issue, internal wastegate flapper backed out of exhaust housing, boost/vac leak, failing turbo, etc, several things could cause it.

I just picked up the car about 2 weeks ago. Have been looking for a MSP for years. Finally got my hands on one. So I haven't had the time to pull out the plugs to check em for even burn yet. Don't even know which one to buy from autozone. My boost gauge sit just right under 20. But when I drive on the freeway and let go of gas it sits at 20. I do notice some blue smoke when the car sits for a long period of time. But goes away after about 5mins.

Do you still use the stock T-fitting for the vacuum lines for the wastegate actuator and bypass valve? A strong, independent vacuum source for your WGA and BPV may help a little bit. At the very least, it will eliminate one of the possibilities.

Do you still use the stock T-fitting for the vacuum lines for the wastegate actuator and bypass valve? A strong, independent vacuum source for your WGA and BPV may help a little bit. At the very least, it will eliminate one of the possibilities.

I have it from wastegate to turbosmart boost control, to factory T fitting. And from the T fitting one is connected to my boost gauge the other to my intake mani.

Update: Finally got my forge bpv in after waiting n back n forth emails. I installed it and didn't get the turkey sound everybody says there getting. Instead I got a pssh sound. It's only little bit louder then the stock bpv.

Anybody know why?
edit: need more air flow if you want a louder chirp

But on the other hand, I do have a bit better of throttle response and turbo spool. Not bad for $100.

Last edited:
Alright cool. Does it hold more boost? Like if I wanted to go to 8 with supporting mods? What if I just unbolted the intake pipes and pulled off the whole manifold and turbo to do it?
If you don’t want bloody knuckles that is the best way to go.

Back