Off Topic Forester XT work log

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Got the springs and struts installed. I'll grab a pic later on a test drive. Crossing my fingers for no random clunks!

(1) KYB 334343 Strut, Front Left
(1) KYB 334342 Strut, Front Right
(1) KYB 334345 Strut, Rear Left
(1) KYB 334344 Strut, Rear Right
(2) KYB SM5361 Strut Mount, Front
(2) KYB SM5422 Strut Mount, Left
(2) KYB SB103 Strut Bellow, Front
(2) MOOG K90461 Strut Bellow, Rear
(2) MONROE 902008 Coil Spring Seat, Front
(2) MONROE 902072 Coil Spring Seat, Rear

Last edited:

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Went to grab some groceries for lunch. Looks like the springs settled after some driving around. Good news, no clunks!

Some before and after action. Measurements are from middle of fender to the ground. I'll measure it again in a few days.

Before: 28 3/4" front, 28 7/8" rear
After: 27 3/4" front, 28" rear

While under the car, I noticed I should take care of the rear differential bushings soon. Will do some research and see if inserts are available since the current bushings aren't torn.

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
Yeah, the Forester specific Swift springs are only a 1.6”/1.0” drop. The wrx/sti springs are 2.5 to 3.0” which I didn’t want. The Swift springs ride really well.

(u_u) ...zZzZzzz
The passenger side rear sway bar bracket and mount I ordered came in a couple days ago. I'll try to make time and install that thing soon after some other chores. I did have to revisit the coolant leak again from the same clamp. Managed to catch it on the same day it started leaking and tightened it up for the time being while t-bolt clamps were in the mail. Installed the clamps today which solved the issue. Funny, I got the clamp on without even putting the nut on yet and the coolant stopped dribbling out. Old worm clamp felt cheap and appeared twisted.

Here's Forester #3 with Forester #2. @Ceej007, Forester #2 has Impreza STI pink springs on KYB AGX struts. It can get bouncy but it's no where as harsh as coilovers can be.

Latest posts