For any of you looking to upgrade your front sway bars.

I have the AWD 2.2L Diesel Turbo, I would love to upgrade the front sway bay, I wonder if the 6 as mentioned in the first posts is infact a direct fit and a bit bigger.
I have a CS rear sway bar that i'm about to install. having the both could be a nice tight combo

As we all know, the 2014+ Mazda6 and the 2013+ CX-5 shares the same architecture and underpinnings. The front sway bars can be swapped. The Mazda6 uses a stiffer sway bar, so for those looking to have an EASY and accessible upgrade (dealer item), here's some news for you. No need to exchange drop links as they are identical.

2.5 and 2.2 D Mazda 6 uses larger Front Bar: Part# GHT6-34-151

2.0 Mazda 6 (not avail in North America) uses 2.5 CX-5 Front Bar KD61-34-151

2.0 CX-5 uses a smaller again Front Bar KD35-34-151

As you can tell, the 2.0 CX-5 uses the softest sway bar of all. So for the 2.0, the 2.5 sway bar would technically be an "upgrade". Though nothing close to the benefits from jumping to the Mazda6 sway bar.

Thank you so much for the valuable information
i had inquired the local dealership to order for me a set of Mazda 6 front sway bar and 2 bushings

for those who looking for part #, i have attached the picture below (please ignore the hand-writing price of sway bar: around $100)

IMG_20140326_133913_zpse90646f6.jpg

SayNoToPistons, this is Great info. I'm sure most people do know that the compromise could be more side to side pitching and a slight loss of ride quality. I'm curious to get an opinion from someone who has done this modification on the difference. Interesting to see that the 2.0 Sport has smaller bars because I think my 2.0 Sport cornered with more confidence/ flatter than my Touring 2.5 does.

Last edited:
my cx-5 AWD runs 20mm front , the locally sold mazda 6 2.2L uses 22mm as per my mechanics measurements and that's lines up with the info provided, so now ill look to find the parts

Ok.. now that I figured out how to measure my sway bar.. (had to dive the inch x 3.14 before converting to mm..) the oem 2.0 USDM cx-5 awd rear sway is approx 21mm. The cocksport bar I replaced it with is 28mm.. it made a good difference. makes me skeptical if its worth trading for the mazda 6 bar for a 1mm gain over the front (I'm gonan measure my front, my rear was out so it was easy).

Back