FMIC HELP and ENGINE REBUILD QUESTIONS

johndias831

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5, Mazdaspeed Swapped
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I joined because I had a few questions about swapping a MSP engine into a P5. Right now I'm in the middle of my swap, I had a donor 2003.5 MSP that I'm using to upgrade the P5 with. I'm currently rebuilding the turbo engine and I'm replacing everything with stock parts. I plan to try and run the stock T25 turbo at around 9-10 PSI to get some more HP.

I'm wondering whether there are any internal upgrades that I should go ahead and do while I have the engine apart in order to take a few extra pounds of boost?

I'm also wondering what I need to install in order to control the boost, is it as simple as installing a simple boost controller?

My last question has to do with installing a FMIC, I'm using the stock P5 radiatior and the SMIC from the MSP does not bolt to it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? How could I possibly use the SMIC or find a good CHEAP kit that will intall easily? Does anyone have some experience?

Wanted to sub.
But from what I've heard, definitely go forged before you make too much boost.

Yes it is as simple as installing a boost controller before the wastegate.

Lastly, save yourself from heat soak and pick up a FMIC kit. Definitely an easy upgrade to get a few extra horses. But if you want to go SMIC route, I believe you do need the MSP radiator

A few questions:
What kit did you end up buying for your FMIC?
What kind of boost controller would you suggest using with the stock MSP turbo swap?

I have a mishimoto z line (I believe. Ill have to look it up) with a generic eBay piping kit.

As far as boost controller, idk whats better or worse. Theyre all probably about the same as long as youre above eBay quality.

Are you going forged?
bd4bc04ed4aa3af3df7bcde104a32e8b.jpg

Back