Fixing a scratch

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello!

Is there a way to find scratches easily in white paint? I spot claybared by hood today, and now I can see a scratch under the right lighting, but its not the easiest thing to do.

So, if I wax with an AIO, do you think that would remove it?

Or, maybe Ill just leave it be.

Thanks much!

I have found that wax wont remove much in terms of scratches.

However, I always start with a wax, then work my way up to a polish, then if necessary to a cut, in order to deal with scratches. That way you only do what is necessary.

I have found that wax wont remove much in terms of scratches.

However, I always start with a wax, then work my way up to a polish, then if necessary to a cut, in order to deal with scratches. That way you only do what is necessary.

Ill give Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 followed by Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Ill see if that will do the trick.

Check out Zanio Z-2. I have used it for years and notice it can make fine scratches in the clear coat less noticeable

Hello!

Is there a way to find scratches easily in white paint? I spot claybared by hood today, and now I can see a scratch under the right lighting, but it*s not the easiest thing to do.

So, if I wax with an AIO, do you think that would remove it?

Or, maybe I*ll just leave it be.

Thanks much!

Gotta make sure to constantly spray lubricant on paint/caly bar while clay barring. ^^

Start with the least aggressive and work your way up until you happy with the results. Megs Ultimate polish is decent and pretty user friendly. If that doesn't do it step up to megs ultimate compound then finish back down with the polish. Are you using a machine or all by hand? Polishing pads play a big part in defect removal as well. I would use the polish with a white LC pad and the compound with an orange LC pad. If it's really stubborn then go up to a microfiber cutting disc.

Back