First oil change at 10,000km?

Hi guys, dealer recommends to change my first oil at 10,000km. I'm driving a 2020 signature. I've done my 2 Honda cars at the first 5000km.

Would like to know everyone's view on this, thanks.

A little over 6,000 miles for us south of the border. :) That is fine. I changed ours at a little over 5k miles, but that's because I had some time that day. Otherwise, I probably would have waited to around 7k.

10,000 km / 6,214 miles for the first oil change? It’s not too bad although I personally would like to do it around 8,047 km / 5,000 miles for the first oil change. See another recent discussions here:

First oil change question

Owner's manual recommends replacing the oil and filter every 8000km/5000mi or every 6 months, whichever comes first. There is no specific recommendation for the first oil change.

I have no idea why your dealer would suggest 10k, but as yrwei52 suggested, a 10k interval shouldn't be that much of a problem unless you have severe driving conditions as described in the manual. I would still recommend sticking with the 8000 km/6 month intervals for warranty's sake, though.

Owner's manual recommends replacing the oil and filter every 8000km/5000mi or every 6 months, whichever comes first. There is no specific recommendation for the first oil change.

I have no idea why your dealer would suggest 10k, but as yrwei52 suggested, a 10k interval shouldn't be that much of a problem unless you have severe driving conditions as described in the manual. I would still recommend sticking with the 8000 km/6 month intervals for warranty's sake, though.
I'm not sure I agree with the and/or 6 month oil change interval they are recommending.
I don't drive much to begin with, and even less since the pandemic thing happened.
I'm lucky if I go 1,000 kms in 6 months. Changing my oil ever 1K (about 600 miles) seems a little ridiculous, especially with the quality of the full synthetic oils that are available these days.

I'm not sure I agree with the and/or 6 month oil change interval they are recommending.
I don't drive much to begin with, and even less since the pandemic thing happened.
I'm lucky if I go 1,000 kms in 6 months. Changing my oil ever 1K (about 600 miles) seems a little ridiculous, especially with the quality of the full synthetic oils that are available these days.

I tend to agree. I'd put it up there with changing spark plugs at 64000 km, seems a bit early to me. I plan to follow manual recommendations until the warranty expires and then do my own thing.

Hi guys, dealer recommends to change my first oil at 10,000km. I'm driving a 2020 signature. I've done my 2 Honda cars at the first 5000km.

Would like to know everyone's view on this, thanks.
I have a 2019 Mazda CX-5 signature I do mine every 6500 km have 17000 km on it now

I don't know about the Turbo, but for my 18 GT in the US the recommended interval per the manual is 7,500 miles, or 12 months, whichever is sooner.

Back