First gen Mazda3 5speed issues

2007 Mazda 3 5 speed. 1st is kinda difficult to get into sometimes but not constantly. and Reverse is also a pain in the ass to get into. Don’t know if it’s just me or if something is failing. if anyone know anything let me know

What's the mileage on the car? Has the manual transmission fluid ever been changed? How long have you owned it for(at what mileage did you receive the car and how many miles did you put on it since...what's the maintenance history of the transmission)?

I've done 2 fluid changes on my 2005 manual transmission(I wanna say the manual states do it every 60-70k miles), each time it was changed it was noticeably smoother. I used the legendary concoction of synchromesh(smoothness) and redline(racing full synthetic)... however, if I do it again any time soon I'd probably use the Motorcraft fluid(I don't recall the alpha-numeric code name for it off hand).

I agree with 2005mazda - replace the fluid if its history is unknown or it's been longer than 60,000 miles since it was changed.

Back