Firmware 70.00.367A

wholly crap...wow the firmware engineers at Mazda sure need to work on cutting down the steps. I am a software engineer / with embedded firmware experience ...but that is just nuts...
Also thank you so much so documenting the basic steps!
Now I just need the link for the download for my 2019 Touring

you can use the old....if it is not broke....
also next time you at the dealer for service, you can ask them to update it...if you are still under warranty

you can use the old....if it is not broke....
also next time you at the dealer for service, you can ask them to update it...if you are still under warranty

I just bought it from them so they give me an extended warranty....dunno if it covers that.

I just bought it from them so they give me an extended warranty....dunno if it covers that.
i believe it is a free service ( sorta but try getting it done when you go for a appt. , say for an oil filter change / tires spun around....just add it in...

i believe it is a free service ( sorta but try getting it done when you go for a appt. , say for an oil filter change / tires spun around....just add it in...

I don't know any Mazda dealer that installs it for free. At least, I haven't seen any on here or been to any that do.

I don't know any Mazda dealer that installs it for free. At least, I haven't seen any on here or been to any that do.
I'm not sure if they'll do it for free if you just say "I want the latest version". If you mention an "issue" with your current version they should update it to the newest release if available. I updated mine myself to 352B months ago. Other than a few Sirius not loading occurrences it was fine. Over the last few weeks I've experienced the blank screen reboot while Sirius continued to play. I haven't had a chance to upgrade to 367A myself.

Anyway, I'm going in for service on Tuesday & mentioned my recent issues & was told "Yeah, we've had a handful of similar complaints". I was told they'd update it at no charge under warranty while it's there.

Anyway, I'm going in for service on Tuesday & mentioned my recent issues & was told "Yeah, we've had a handful of similar complaints". I was told they'd update it at no charge under warranty while it's there.

Consider yourself lucky then! :)

I'm not sure if they'll do it for free if you just say "I want the latest version". If you mention an "issue" with your current version they should update it to the newest release if available.
That's usually how they handle updates.
They won't do it by just you asking for it because you want it.
You have to give them a reason to do it (i.e. a problem).
I got mine done last year after I mentioned that my backup camera didn't always kick in, and that it wouldn't boot up sometimes.
Both were fibs on my part, (and I think they knew it), but that's all they needed for them to go ahead and upgrade to the latest version.

Quick question to any/all who have the Mazda AIO tweaks installed... Did upgrading the firmware disable or remove the AIO tweaks for you?

Don't go there, you could brick your unit using unauthorised software.
Really? How many occurrences of this have you had evidence of? Sigh.

Anyway, to re-ask the question, no-one with the tweaks installed has upgraded the factory firmware?

I updated my Nav card over the weekend. Just like the last time, it took several tries. I did the backup, downloaded the updates from the website and kept getting error messages that there was something wrong with my drive when I tried to load the updates onto the SIM card. I suspect there is more of a problem with my computer than with the Mazda website.

I finally got it to accept the updates after getting the drive error message, running a Microsoft error correction step and clicking yes on the part where it says do I want to proceed anyway.

Really? How many occurrences of this have you had evidence of? Sigh.

Anyway, to re-ask the question, no-one with the tweaks installed has upgraded the factory firmware?
Currently .367 is not compatible with ID7v2, serial or otherwise. The latest supported firmware that works with the serial connection is .352.

Just saw this thread, what do the updates improve? Speed of operation like when changing radio stations? Speed of boot-up?

Back