Firmware 70.00.367A

:
Orlando, FL
:
'21 CX-5 GT
I see that there's an updated infotainment firmware. I made an 'easier to follow' 1-page step-by-step checklist. It's not meant for first-timers; that's what the 8-page version is for.

The update went without a problem. It took about 35 minutes to complete. The only thing I noticed was that it now starts much faster. I'm not sure if there are any other fixes. Hope this helps others.

Attachments

• Mazda Firmware Update.pdf
    180.2 KB · Views: 3,563
I see that there's an updated infotainment firmware. I made an 'easier to follow' 1-page step-by-step checklist. It's not meant for first-timers; that's what the 8-page version is for.

The update went without a problem. It took about 35 minutes to complete. The only thing I noticed was that it now starts much faster. I'm not sure if there are any other fixes. Hope this helps others.
What version did you upgrade from? I haven't seen any release notes, do you know anything that is supposed to be different from the previous version?

What's been your experience with updates? Just got my 2020 yesterday and I don't want to mess around if I'm not going to get any major benefits. How do you keep track of changes between versions? How long do you wait to make sure an update isn't bad before installing?

What's been your experience with updates? Just got my 2020 yesterday and I don't want to mess around if I'm not going to get any major benefits. How do you keep track of changes between versions? How long do you wait to make sure an update isn't bad before installing?

Apparently dealers are already updating customer cars with this version here in North America. Based on that I went ahead and performed the update.
I'm hoping this corrects the XM load glitch that can effect XM radio and XMtravelink function. (Won't load/not accessible) and possibly speed up the Mazda Connect system in general (imo little to no hope for that.....its been out since 2014-2015, if it hasnt been quick before they aren't going to miraculously speed it up at the end of its lifecycle)

Did mine took about 35 min. might be a little quicker to start but haven't really noticed anything. I would be curious to see the release notes.

according to another forum, the latest firmware has a siriusxm fix and few other small fixes. nothing major.

Has mine updated a couple of days ago. The only thing I've noticed so far is that the white balance is now much cooler. All whites look much more blue now

Updated this morning without the problems - took just over half an hour.
Will report on (hopefully) performance improvements in one week time...

Just completed my update ... now on to the Miata ....

Has mine updated a couple of days ago. The only thing I've noticed so far is that the white balance is now much cooler. All whites look much more blue now
In your opinion, does cooler white balance make it look better or worse than before?

What version did you upgrade from? I haven't seen any release notes, do you know anything that is supposed to be different from the previous version?

Sorry for the late reply. I just drove from Orlando to Houston, and back, on Sat & Sun. Taking today to rest. CX-5 was ideal on the highways.

I was previously on 70.00.352B, so I only needed to run the '1-package' update.

Sorry for the late reply. I just drove from Orlando to Houston, and back, on Sat & Sun. Taking today to rest. CX-5 was ideal on the highways.

I was previously on 70.00.352B, so I only needed to run the '1-package' update.
Excellent. Thanks for the reply. I'm on 352 also, and figured the start-up speed was probably relative to an earlier version. Faster start-up is worth updating for so I'll put that on my list of things to do.

No xm glitch so far. A few shorter trips on the weekend and it was fine.
Startup from a thumb drive is still insanely slow. (Loads a bunch of stuff like phone/favorites etc, then loads thumb drive music....can take 45 seconds or more before playing a song. (Startup from am/FM is ok (radio comes on almost instantly, then loads everything else like phone/favorites etc)

Seems to load XMtravelink info a tad quicker maybe? I've noticed the Radar section now seems to take a sample more often then previous......example....used to always be on the 10 of each hour (6:40pm) (6:50pm) etc. Now the radar time can be 6:41pm, 6:56pm etc.

More observations to come.....

I'm not familiar with these updates. By any chance do they make the system respond quicker? Specifically how long it takes to change between radio stations? (FM)

I'm not familiar with these updates. By any chance do they make the system respond quicker? Specifically how long it takes to change between radio stations? (FM)

I really don't find the infotainment is any faster in its functions then before. At this point Mazda is just focusing on minor tweaks to prevent glitches and improve stability. Switching between radio channels is the same as nearly all versions of Mazda Connect.

If speed is what your after, this isnt the infotainment you'll find it.
The 5.0 Uconnect system in my previous Jeep Renegade was much quicker in its menus but didnt have all the options the Mazda does. (No built in Nav, no HD radio, no XMtravelink etc.)

Back