Firmer Steering After Messing With The Fuse Box

Dejan

:
Mazda 3
I was messing with the fusebox and its connectors cause of a problem when all lights except headlights were turning off randomly. I found a bad connection on one of the smaller connectors and all great or even better now - the steering wheel has firmer feeling to it, which I didn't expect at all as I'm sure my power-steering pump is belt-driven. I actually renewed all suspension elements while fighting with tramlining with little success over a year and a half and now this?!

Please explain to me if this should be even possible. Model is Mazda3, y.2005, 1.6petrol, 105hp, engine ZM-DE.

It's good to hear that the steering is better but I am puzzled as to how securing a loose connection could cause the change. Perhaps the power steering pump is electrically adjusted in some way?

Thanks Concept! I did some research on the pump today and it has a single pin pressure sensor. That thing probably goes directly to the ECU. Fusebox pinout would be great to have atm to check the faulty connector wiring, but I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on that... The only reasonable explanation I can put together atm is that poor electric connection in some way influenced the ECU and/or hydraulic pressure sensor.

Dejan, that looks like it could change the steering feel.(2thumbs)

Back