Fast forward or rewind a music track on Android Auto?

Has anyone figured out how to fast forward or rewind a music track on Android Auto? The user manual indicates that you can use the "slide" function on the volume knob, but my volume knob doesn't slide, it just rotates.

My volume doesn't slide either, only the big control wheel does.

In some apps, the << and >> buttons on the steering wheel will work for fast foward/rewind. I know it works that way for PocketCasts and I believe it works that way for YouTube Music. On the iPhone podcast app (carplay) it does next/last track instead. I wish there was a quick way to pause as well.

Upvote 0
"On my car (2016), if you press and HOLD the << or >> it will fast forward."

This does not work in my 2020, no matter how long I hold the button. Anyone else?

Upvote 0
If you push the knob to the right like a joystick (don't turn it), and hold it in that position, what happens?

Upvote 0
CX-9's have that functionality? The CX-5's do not.

My CX-9 (2018 with older infotainment) does not. I'm not sure about the newer CX-9s that have the updated infotainment system. My manual does not give any indication that my Vol knob can slide left or right, it can only be rotated left and right and pressed in.

I took a look at the manual and it states: "Music and video files can be cued when listening to stored content via USB, Bluetooth®, and SiriusXM®, audio, or video." AA and ACP are not mentioned, so maybe the "slide" doesn't work for AA/ACP. Does the "slide" on the volume knob work when your phone is playing music via Bluetooth? The "slide" should also work to seek up/down for radio stations.

Upvote 0
Back