fake sg1?

avi1777

16.5 2.5awd
bought from the same seller on ebay 2 sg1's but for some reason one of them dosnt look like the other one I have which looks like in all the Google photos.
couldn't find the one attached here in google photos or anywhere on the web?
is it fake?
tnx

Attachments

• 15879284640841736255119863957526.jpg
    15879284640841736255119863957526.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182
I believe some of these vary by country. Are you in the usa? Unless they've updated the labeling.

That is consistent with Mazda's all new lettering font that they released this year company wide, from advertising and marketing to the actual vehicle badging.

tnx for replying but how do I know its genuine?
cant find that type anywhere on the web.
tnx again.
I guess anything can be rebottled and relabled if worth the effort. How do you know the other bottle is genuine either?

I dont and that's another issue I will have to address but for now my main concern is the mystery bottle one.
still couldn't find it anywhere on the web.

Was the ebay seller not a Mazda dealer?

I will be needing some of this SG1 also in 4500 miles as I do my 60k service in our AWD. Thanks for any info you find out.

bought from the same seller on ebay 2 sg1's but for some reason one of them dosnt look like the other one I have which looks like in all the Google photos.
couldn't find the one attached here in google photos or anywhere on the web?
is it fake?
tnx
I’d bring that SG1 to a Mazda dealer and ask for a bottle of SG1 from parts department to compare. Posting a picture of back label here should give us more info too.

If you have a 2016 or newer CX-5, you should stick with SG1 gear oil.

I know but the dealers here dont have it that use motorcraft 80w90 even on the 16.5and up that specifically calls for the sg1,that's why I paid 75 us$a quart and ordered from ebay,never bought an oil on line before.like to buy phiscily.

I know but the dealers here dont have it that use motorcraft 80w90 even on the 16.5and up that specifically calls for the sg1,that's why I paid 75 us$a quart and ordered from ebay,never bought an oil on line before.like to buy phiscily.
IMO, if someone is doing a counterfeit ATF, they would use used bottle to refill it and put a new cap seal on. They wouldn’t try to redesign a new label, which costs more money, and makes customers like you wondering if the ATF is genuine.

u would be amazed the level of the counterfeit oil all around the world.its a multi billion thing each year,billions not millions.

u would be amazed the level of the counterfeit oil all around the world.its a multi billion thing each year,billions not millions.
Yes, I understand. Even the NGK spark plugs are having counterfeit ones. But based on my opinion above your Mazda OEM ATF should be genuine. You can post us the back label of the ATF you got for more info we can judge.

Back