Engine swap

2009 M3 2.3 Manual transmission.

Hello everybody. My name is Mauricio and I have had this project for quite some time. I finally found the time to complete it, and I hope it happens in the next few days.

I bought an used engine from KDM. The old one died and had to be replaced. I chose not to go the 2.5 route because I found an expensive 2.3. I did mount it last year but two bad things happened: The clutch pedal didn't return up and the car didn't crank.

I made a mistake and took the engine out again because I thought that the clutch issue had to do with something inside the transmission. Now it seems very clear to me that the problem was air in the lines, no good bleeding. I ended up replacing both clutch cylinders, and the master was the most difficult thing so far in this project for me.

The engine is back in, and now I'm in the process of connecting the wiring harness. My first question here has to do with the step I'm in in this process: Two cables that I'm unsure how the routing goes for them. One is the speed sensor cable. It has a plastic snap, but the closest bracket it could go in, the shift cables bracket, doesn't really leave it close enough. This ties with the second cable, which is the neutral switch cable. That one has a metal bracket that I'm unsure where it goes.

Obviously, I hope that someone here knows the answer to my questions. Thanks in advance.

20200322_233042.jpg

20200322_233104.jpg

20200322_233042.jpg

20200322_233104.jpg

Back