Engine cover looks wet?

SaaBaaDoo

:
2007 White Diamond Pearl Acura TL Navi
Has anyone else had this. My black engine cover always looks like there was oil or something spilled on it, but I can't find a leak of anything anywhere???

you sure it's not just moisture? It gets really hot under the hood, combine that with a hot humid day.....moisture.

I seen on it mine, but only on really hot days.

SaaBaaDoo said:
Has anyone else had this. My black engine cover always looks like there was oil or something spilled on it, but I can't find a leak of anything anywhere???

Its silicone. I saw them spraying it on my cover when they were preparing it for me after I bought it.

newf said:
you sure it's not just moisture? It gets really hot under the hood, combine that with a hot humid day.....moisture.

I seen on it mine, but only on really hot days.

I think your logic is a little backwards. How would water condense out on the engine by it being hot??

On the A/C components, yes... on the engine?? not so much.

yea.. silicone spray.. like tire wet. Makes it nice and shiny. My cars engine bay came to me nice and dirty... at least yours is shiny..

Just wanted to know if you ever found out what it was on your engine cover..

You're asking this after 17 years? I doubt the same poster is still around.

I know it's not a Mazda, but this was the only website I could find a question about what I was asking. This is a 2008 chevy impala 3.5...

IMG_20201230_085927153.jpg

Without knowing the history of your car, it could be an oil leak or someone may have just spilled oil on it while filling the oil. Is your oil ever low? Your best bet is to clean off all the oil stains with some brake cleaner anywhere you can find it. Then drive around and check it every other day or so to find where the leak is coming from. Hard to source a leak if everything is already gunked up and oily. If all else fails, you can buy an oil UV dye kit with a UV flashlight. Drive the thing around and then shine the UV flashlight in the engine bay in the dark. If there's a leak, you'll find it.

Back