Ended up going with the Acura RDX...

⋯ It may push me to Alfa Romeo as a more reliable solution, lmao! Wild!
PM tibimakai as he just got an Alfa Romeo Stelvio 10 months ago ⋯

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
I'm saying good by guys/girls.
In the next few days, I'm getting a 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Base w/wireless charger. Nothing fancy.
Red exterior w/black interior for $33k +TTL.

Yes, but now I am reading the Mazda may or may not be an oil burner, now. That kinda stacks as worse than a noisy pano roof. I am also seeing evidence that it's faster than numbers suggested in the past, etc. Dunno, torn on it.
Hey Uno!!!

How the heck you scored a Prime?!?! I'd get a Rav4 Prime over an RDX.

Hey Uno!!!

How the heck you scored a Prime?!?! I'd get a Rav4 Prime over an RDX.
And he drove 500 miles to get the RAV4 Prime for MSRP! Unbelievable at this stage. And now he wants to dump it 4 months later and is giving up the excellent mpg even though he drives a lot. :oops:

I am burning over $300/mo in fuel. I am preparing to transition into a rav4 prime xse to stave the bleeding as gas prices continue to rise. Any compelling reasons not to that I may have glossed over?

View attachment 300965

Yes, but now I am reading the Mazda may or may not be an oil burner, now. That kinda stacks as worse than a noisy pano roof. I am also seeing evidence that it's faster than numbers suggested in the past, etc. Dunno, torn on it.
The RDX is certainly very quick with the 2.0T. I would love to see one with the new V-6 Turbo which I understand is in the pipeline (of course it will be quite $$$). I find the other posters comments on the interior quality funny. I owned a 2016 RDX Advance and spent a week driving the current version. I would not say the interior is any better than the CX-5's. The seats? That is a different story - much better on the Acura. Also love the Acuras headlights. Best I have ever had in a car.

Just me, but I found the cabin of the 2019 RDX to cockpit-y. I think the CX-5 is just right, upscale feeling but comfy and roomy for the everyday man. I also didn't like the touch pad, again, maybe just me. Also, since I rally wanted the 360 view cam I think I would have had to go to the top-o-the-line - am I right? What would that have cost?

Last edited:
Just me, but I found the cabin of the 2019 RDX to cockpit-y. I think the CX-5 is just right, upscale feeling but comfy and roomy for the everyday man. I also didn't like the touch pad, again, maybe just me. Also, since I rally wanted the 360 view cam I think I would have had to go to the top-o-the-line - am I right? What would that have cost?
Yes, at least back in 2019 when I was also comparing. The Advance closely matched the Signature in features, but it would have cost about $6k more at the time. That wasn't worth the pano roof and awesome sound system that the RDX had. Well, at least since the Mazda is my wife's daily. :)

She don't do so good with the AWD :/
Man that sucks. Pretty sure you've got positive equity.

I drove and picked it up. Easy peasy.
Used RDX and used RX350 are what we're looking into but used car prices are crazy.

Prime is like a unicorn I can't find one....and for MSRP lol.

The new CX-50 looks promising as I heard that Mazda may implement some hyrid tech into it. It is made in the Mazda/Toyota plant after all.

All said and done our CX-5 is reliable plus zero car payments.

Back