Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

I posted a couple years ago.
Repeat it here: Not sure if these work on new versions.

====================================================
More for those interested.
However, proceed at your own risk... :)
(1) Soft reset: NAV+MUTE for 10 secs
(2) CPU Tool: MUSIC+BACK, Do it again to cancel
(3) Engineering mode: MUSIC+FAVORITE+MUTE (enter codes to get info)

In the worst case, shut down, and restart.

A complete list of codes should be in Service Manual if anyone has one.

I can confirm that a year later, the touchscreen lockout is still annoying when all of the German brands, and many others have touchscreens that you can use while driving. Very questionable that Mazda made the expense of using these 7" and 8" touchscreens (more expensive than a non-touch screen) and not enabling the functionality. 3 years of CX-5 (2017-2020) all have touchscreens from the factory that you basically can't use. Terrible design there. I think it may be my biggest annoyance with the vehicle. It seems Mazda was planning on phasing them out as they have done on all the 2021 models and starting last year with the Mazda 3, but why limit the existing product.

Does the "hack" shown at the start of this thread work on CX5 2017 and above?

No. Mazda makes you have to actually hack the car for it to work, and risk bricking the infotainment, in order to utilize the built in hardware.

I find having to use the commander knob to control Carplay much more distracting than just using the screen.

Only thing I want to do is modulate the commander knob to input addresses in the navigation search entry while creeping through stop/go traffic with my eyes up.

This worked great on my 2016 CX5 running 55.00.753A, then updated to 70.00.100A and finally 70.00.367A and it still works.

Question is, does 74.00.230A remove this tweak?

Back