Electronic sound after turning the engine off

Recently picked up a new '19 CX-5 GT to replace my '16 CX-5 GT. Love all the new content the CX-5 now has in the GT trim.
I have my new CX-5 GT for about two weeks now and when I park in my garage after I turn the engine off there is a electronic sound coming from the rear that last for about three seconds and then stops.
Kind of sounds like the fuel pump priming on my fuel injected motorcycle. Any thoughts?

My corolla used to do that hours after I turned the car off. It was the fuel pump. Scared the hell out of me randomly hearing that for the 1st time, lol.

My 2018 does same thing and I assumed it was fuel pump.

My '18 does it as well and I always wondered what that was too. Not to hijack the thread, but I've always been curious about how push button cars prime the fuel pump since they start up instantly when you press the button. There is no pause in between starting the ignition and starting the engine that allows the fuel pump to prime like there is in older cars with traditional keys. Could it be that the fuel pump is primed at the end of a drive when you turn the car off and that's the sound we are all hearing?

My '18 does it as well and I always wondered what that was too. Not to hijack the thread, but I've always been curious about how push button cars prime the fuel pump since they start up instantly when you press the button. There is no pause in between starting the ignition and starting the engine that allows the fuel pump to prime like there is in older cars with traditional keys. Could it be that the fuel pump is primed at the end of a drive when you turn the car off and that's the sound we are all hearing?

Thats exactly how my Corolla worked. It kept the fuel primed 24/7. Thats why I heard it working at like 9 pm one night after having turned the car off hours ago.

Thats one of the annoyances I cant figure out. It does not prime the pump when you start directly. And of course bevause of that it starts a bit slowly.
only way I've seen fuel pump prime when you got to accessories mode without starting (i.e. not pressing the stop pedal but only the button twice).
Then after that you can start of course.

It has something to do with emissions I think. My 2014 Tacoma will make sounds 15-20 minutes after I turn it off. Freaked me out the first time I heard it. I thought I had stepped on a cat or something!

Also, forgot to add, our 2016.5 CX-5 started with less turn overs than our 2019 seems to. Enough difference that I notice it.

Back