CX-30 Electronic parking brake

The parking brake can be released manually. 🤪 All one has to do is press down on the parking brake button - the amber colored light should go off. I've gotten to where I do it as a matter of course after putting the car into gear. That way I never have any hunkering up or down. 🙃
I do the same thing because i hate feeling the entire car crouches down before you press gas pedal. It's very disconcerting because you feel like the car is gonna jump like a bat out of hell when you do press gas pedal. I've had several cars with electronic parking brake and none of them did that. Their operation was seamles.

Would have been so easy for them to design this like other auto parking brakes.. yet they created a nuisance for many owners. Wondering if they’ve fixed this on newer models? If they haven’t I might look elsewhere for my next car.

Would have been so easy for them to design this like other auto parking brakes.. yet they created a nuisance for many owners. Wondering if they’ve fixed this on newer models? If they haven’t I might look elsewhere for my next car.
My 2023 CX-30 releases the parking brake, when it's put in R or D, so they have changed it at least from MY23.

Back