Dumb to get bone stock 2017 and add leather/heated seats and big boy wheels?

I concluded on the diesel where you're leaning Monterra...we just don't put enough miles on the car to justify a diesel, and as a first model year, there may be the inevitable issues that tend to come up. I think the torque would be fun for bombing around the city (90%+ of our driving), but I don't think we'll see significant enough fuel savings over gas.

You and GP have got me thinking that it might make some sense to have an automatic in the stable, though. I keep looking at the 16.5s too, but there's not enough $ to be saved for me not to regret getting a 2017 down the road. A testament to Mazda's resale value! My choices seem to be $2,500 (CAD$) off a new one, or a bit more (but not much more) off a former daily rental. I had to suck it up and pay MSRP for the R, so I'm kind of used to that now for what I think is a "value" car...I'd include the GT in that...but I'd at least like to be able to get some decent financing rates for a 2017. I guess we'll have to wait until at least the 2016s are cleared out before that happens though? Just FYI, the local dealer said they would have to buy out the 2016s on their lot soon and then customers would have to finance through a bank vs. Mazda? Not sure that makes a lot of sense to me, but he was trying to say it won't get any better than now to pick up a 2016. I haven't asked the dealer who comes highly regarded about that...but trying to get out to see him this week.

It's not hard to argue against AWD. FWD + Snows are pretty formidable. 😀 I may not know what mountain life is like but I'm no stranger to winter. The best car I've ever had in Winter was my FWD Saab convertible with snow tires. Up til now anyway. I did get an AWD CX-5 and might put snows on it next year. I'm sure that's going to be awesome.
I'll defer to you mountain living Canadians. Plus I'm not familiar with your options.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Well, once you go from awd into failwd you'll find it an easy argue lol

Back