Drove the cx-3. We are buying one

Seriously how can their entry level SUV be quieter than their mid level SUV. It could be the new tires I guess or maybe there is less wind noise making the overall experience better. I put new tires on my 2012 Mazda5 and it is definetly quieter than my CX5 but it also has noticeably less wind noise than my 2014 Touring CX5 and statistically it's coefficient of drag is less. If Mazda put a skyactiv power train in the Mazda5 it's fuel economy would be superior.

I hope you guys are right about the CX3. This could mean that Mazda finally has figured out how to make their vehicles quiet.

I drove on this Sunday and didn't find it quieter than my 2014 Mazda3.

I drove the 1.5 diesel though, so the engine itself is noisier, and only drove it it up to 80km/h

With a gasoline engine I guess it's very similar to the Mazda3 in terms of road noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had a problem with the Audiopilot - it was the Centerpoint "surround" I did not like. It was very hit and miss, depending on the program material.

My salesman was also quite knowledgeable but also made a similar mistake. He said the CX-3 did not have the "noise cancellation" like the new 3 or my MS3 trade-in. I was thinking, "What noise cancellation? Did I have it and not know about it? Oh, Audiopilot - gotcha."

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your CX-3! I have roughly 500 miles (800kms) and the experience is just getting better. I have been babying it, trying to see how fuel efficient it could be, but last night, kind of grumpy after a very long day, I pushed it around a bit. As I was doing so, the work day fell behind me and a big grin spread on my face - this thing is fun!

I'm at about 1200kms now (745 miles) and am averaging between 31 and 33mpg. Quite a bit of it has been highway, but even when zooming around town or enjoying the dynamics of the car on twisty, hilly roads, one easy stretch of road gets the mileage back up into the low 30's.

And maybe it was the Centerpoint I was thinking about. Kept trying it thinking it should sound great, but just turned it off and went with the simple setup of a little more bass and treble

Back