DRL fails after a recall service 8-\

Covid is the universal excuse these days. However I don't see car manufacturers having trouble filling dealer lots with new cars.
Mazda certainly has no interest to produce these expensive LED headlights for its 5-year-old car model, not to mention those units are free for the customers.

Is this issue common for the 6 as well? I am not seeing any recall for the 6. 6 would be a nice car to replace my 2nd ride with - I like the DRLs.

My 2016 6 has no issues whatsoever. Bright. In fact the other night I drove for 1 mile in the city before noticing my interior infotainment screen was dim.....nope... headlights were just turned off hence interior daytime mode.

No excuse for Mazda for 2016 CX-5 owners.

My 2016 6 has no issues whatsoever. Bright. In fact the other night I drove for 1 mile in the city before noticing my interior infotainment screen was dim.....nope... headlights were just turned off hence interior daytime mode.

No excuse for Mazda for 2016 CX-5 owners.
Should the infotainment screen be dim when you turn on the headlights?

I think that's how its supposed to work, though you can change the brightness to whatever you want. The rationale is that if the headlights are on, it's probably dark outside - if it's dark outside, the car interior will also be dark, so the screen is dimmed to prevent it from being a distraction to the driver. During the day, the screen is brighter to make it easier to see/read.

I once drove from Dallas to Austin with my headlights off. On the Mazda Touring you have to turn the dial twice to turn the headlights on, first it only turns on dash lights and then it turns on the headlights after another click. Mazda owners on enthusiast websites are being roasted for driving on DRLs at night. Really a bad design overall. Would have loved auto headlights.

I once drove from Dallas to Austin with my headlights off. On the Mazda Touring you have to turn the dial twice to turn the headlights on, first it only turns on dash lights and then it turns on the headlights after another click. Mazda owners on enthusiast websites are being roasted for driving on DRLs at night. Really a bad design overall. Would have loved auto headlights.
That’s the common problem in general with DRLs, especially for those DRLs which are using the high-beams like your 2016.5 CX-5 Touring.

If its a bad design, it applies to way more manufacturers than Mazda. That's the way all of my headlights have worked, from my 91 Accord, 99 Accord, 06 Civic, 08 IS250, 18 CX-9, sister's 3-series, dad's 18 Equinox.

Yes that what I meant....the interior seemed a but too dim while driving at night. No cars honked at me since my DRL's were on I guess. So I manually turned on Headlights and interior lights were bright again.

I got told today that Mazda isn't providing the part to people in California. One dealership (Putnam Mazda) said they can't get the part, another (Towne mazda) didn't return my call.

What's the recourse for a recall if the part is never available?

I got told today that Mazda isn't providing the part to people in California. One dealership (Putnam Mazda) said they can't get the part, another (Towne mazda) didn't return my call.

What's the recourse for a recall if the part is never available?
Did you visit the dealer and did they register you in their system? That's the only way to get the replacement - get in line and wait for half a year.

We should create a board here with waiting time updates. I'll try to give my dealer a call - it's been five months already.

Back