Driver's seat creaking sound

tibimakai

San Dimas CA
:
USA
:
2014 CX-5 Touring
My driver's seat started creaking (popping) as I lean forward or back in my seat. The sound comes from the right lower side. Like a rivet got loose, or bushing worn out.

Anybody had this issue before, or there is a TSB about this?

I can't believe how many issues I have with this seat. First the motor(cable) was very noisy, they have replaced the seat bottom mechanism.

Second time the lumbar support went bad, a welding joint popped lose, they have replaced the back mechanism.

Now this creaking/popping sound. Also the passenger seat, if it is in a certain spot on the rail, it makes some weird sounds. I have to slide it in a different position, to get rid of that sound.

The new CX-5s still have these weird hardware issues? I have been on this forum for quite a few years now, and I don't remember reading about this issue yet.

Also I'm considering buying (replacing my existing one), with a new one and I'm not happy with how many issues I had with mine. Though I still love it. Driver's mirror is still shaking.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghu5u2swbbnabit/20210226_160002.mp4?dl=0

I got a clicking sound in the driver's seat when I sit on it and when the vehicle is turning (i.e. side force on the seat). It is my wife's CX-5. When I complained about it to her, she just said: "It does not happen when I sit on it!”.

So, my fault. No point in arguing with the wife. In my case, it only happens when the seat is moved back. I have to. I am heavier and have longer legs than my wife.

So, you are not alone.

My driver's seat started creaking (popping) as I lean forward or back in my seat. The sound comes from the right lower side. Like a rivet got loose, or bushing worn out.

Anybody had this issue before, or there is a TSB about this?

I can't believe how many issues I have with this seat. First the motor(cable) was very noisy, they have replaced the seat bottom mechanism.

Second time the lumbar support went bad, a welding joint popped lose, they have replaced the back mechanism.

Now this creaking/popping sound. Also the passenger seat, if it is in a certain spot on the rail, it makes some weird sounds. I have to slide it in a different position, to get rid of that sound.

The new CX-5s still have these weird hardware issues? I have been on this forum for quite a few years now, and I don't remember reading about this issue yet.

Also I'm considering buying (replacing my existing one), with a new one and I'm not happy with how many issues I had with mine. Though I still love it. Driver's mirror is still shaking.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ghu5u2swbbnabit/20210226_160002.mp4?dl=0
I had the same issue. It was the bolts under the seat. Dealership tightened them and greased them. No issues since.

I got a clicking sound in the driver's seat when I sit on it and when the vehicle is turning (i.e. side force on the seat). It is my wife's CX-5. When I complained about it to her, she just said: "It does not happen when I sit on it!”.

So, my fault. No point in arguing with the wife. In my case, it only happens when the seat is moved back. I have to. I am heavier and have longer legs than my wife.

So, you are not alone.
Yes was thinking of something like that as well...

2021 CX-5 signature. I got clicking sounds from the driver seat. It started just a few weeks post the new purchase.

Very little sound but clear enough during ride and being extremely annoying by these every a few second clickings. I could not get beneath the seat to figure where the sound is from, could be a lose bolt, etc. We went to dealer and they refused to fix since the sound was NOT loud enough in their opinion.

I was able to pin point an area beneath thigh, where a bit pressure from our body would deliver the strange sounds.

Fortunately, I was able to “fix” it by adding an 1 inch thick memory foam cushion, the cushion also prevents hip pain during long trips.

Drivers seat clunking, and moving slightly under acceleration and deceleration here.

Wonder if it's the mounting bolts or the adjustment mechanism.

The scary part about these seats, is that they don't appear to fair too well in a rear-end collision.

Watch as they just fold/break backwards... my concern is heightened.

Back