Drivers power seat issue

Jumper

:
2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport
I have 2008 CX-7 Sport that is having issues with the power seat. All the functions work (forward/backward, raise/lower) except for the tilt back. It'll recline just fine but it won't move forward/up. It was intermittent at first but now it just quit. I thought maybe it was the switch but since everything else works, I'm thinking it may be something else. I took a photo of this and I'm wondering if this is a solenoid but can't find anything on replacement motors, etc. As you're looking at the image, it's actually upside down (the bottom of the seat frame is actually at the top.) Any ideas on what I should look for?

20141017_160408.jpeg

I'm certain now of what I originally thought. The item in the attached picture above is in fact a solenoid and it's the problem. I checked the switch to make sure it wasn't the issue. When I attached a voltmeter and hit the switch in both directions, I'm getting a full 12v. I removed the solenoid, plugged it back in and hit the switch forward. Nothing. I hit the switch to tilt back, and it works just fine. I found a dealer with parts breakdowns and from what I can tell, it's called the "motor poser unit." Does anyone know if just the solenoid can be replaced? Not looking forward to having to remove the entire seat to replace the entire unit. The solenoid was three screws that are very easily accessible.

I have 2008 CX-7 Sport that is having issues with the power seat. All the functions work (forward/backward, raise/lower) except for the tilt back. It'll recline just fine but it won't move forward/up. It was intermittent at first but now it just quit. I thought maybe it was the switch but since everything else works, I'm thinking it may be something else. I took a photo of this and I'm wondering if this is a solenoid but can't find anything on replacement motors, etc. As you're looking at the image, it's actually upside down (the bottom of the seat frame is actually at the top.) Any ideas on what I should look for?

View attachment 209012
@Jumper Did you ever get a reply or get it fixed? My mom's car has been like this for a few years and we can't afford to get a new one. It's leaned all the way back but won't go forward. If you or anyone knows the solutions please let me know.

Back