Driver Attention Alert

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
Yesterday I was doing along a highway when suddenly a loud buzzer sounded and the meassage "driver attention alert" flashed across the speedometer. I was intermittently conversing with a passenger but I don't recall anything out of the ordinary having occurred. What triggers the "driver attention alert" message? It's the first time I've seen it in more than a year of ownership.

Hmmm...I'll try taking my hands off the steering wheel and see what happens (apart from a fiery crash :D).

Yesterday I was doing along a highway when suddenly a loud buzzer sounded and the meassage "driver attention alert" flashed across the speedometer. I was intermittently conversing with a passenger but I don't recall anything out of the ordinary having occurred. What triggers the "driver attention alert" message? It's the first time I've seen it in more than a year of ownership.

That's not a North American warning. NA says put your hands back on the steering wheel. Pitter's down south so they may have different warning msgs.

I tried taking my hands off the wheel and there was no warning...no fairy crash either thank heavens.

I might add that while I purchased the car in Colombia all warnings and dashboard messages are in English. I wonder if there's really any difference between countries regarding warnings.

I tried taking my hands off the wheel and there was no warning...no fairy crash either thank heavens.

I might add that while I purchased the car in Colombia all warnings and dashboard messages are in English. I wonder if there's really any difference between countries regarding warnings.

You have to have your hands off the steering wheel for 8 seconds.

Back