Does owner's manual contain oil capacity (2014 Mazda3)?

:
San Diego, CA
:
2014 Mazda3 S GT auto, 2008 MX5 6-speed
I can't seem to find it, although I looked only in the main booklet. Still, it should be there.
I'd guess it's about 4 quarts for the 2.5L engine.

...found it. It's 4.8 quarts for an oil and filter change. It's in the section called "Specifications", way in the back.

What kind of oil and Filter did you use? I bought the Mobile 1 0w-20 and I can't seem to find a filter. I went to the store and looked up the numbers and looked at all the filters and they were all different sizes, which I assume should not be the case.

I use K&N oil filters on all our vehicles. I get them at O'Reilley's, but you can buy them online for about $11.00 each - a bit pricey but each has a welded-on nut (1") that makes it easy to remove. Plus, they produce low back pressure and can retain quite a bit of dirt. I change each, every 5-6k miles, but I'm sure they can go longer (as could the sythetic oil).

For future searches, I recommend downloading the manual from the Owners section of Mazda's web site as a PDF file - that allows searching. It makes finding stuff in today's huge manuals much easier.

... I can't seem to find a filter. I went to the store and looked up the numbers and looked at all the filters and they were all different sizes, which I assume should not be the case.
External case sizes can vary in filters which are functionally interchangeable. Some variation between brands is common.

Back