Poll Do you want the Mazda BT-50 available in the US?

Interested in the Mazda BT-50 being Stateside?

• Oh Yeah!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would buy one!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like the style. I would want a gas engine rather than diesel. I looked at new Ranger and not impressed. Looks like they rushed it into production. Here is more detail on Mazda 50 from AU.

Mazda 50

I would love to see it here so Mazda could refine it for the US market. I'm not interested in buying one, but I do like the interior a bit more than my CX-9 (mostly because of the display integration and the way the glovebox/armrest opens normally, haha).

How do you guys feel about the fact it's based on the Isuzu D-Max pickup (if I'm not mistaken)..?

Personally, I don't mind it. Isuzu seems to be the brand behind a few other trucks, and while it (D-Max) certainly isn't the cream of the crop, it does get the job done. Mazda seems to be more focused on developing cars that drive well, so I think it's a good move to base the BT-50 off of the Isuzu truck. This way, they can focus their resources on further developing the cars that are making them money (basically SUVs and CUVs) while still keeping a Mazda truck option available in those markets, instead of developing their own truck in-house and diverting a lot of resources towards a vehicle class that Mazda isn't really known for.

I would love to see it here so Mazda could refine it for the US market. I'm not interested in buying one.
How many others feel the same way?
Do you really think there's a market for Mazda here in North America for a vehicle like this?
They have enough of a challenge selling what they have in their lineup now.
Remember all the hype for the diesel CX-5? How's that going?
Be honest, who's going to cross shop a Mazda truck?
I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Sorry.

Isn't the North American pickup truck market huge? I could see people interested in the CX-5 or CX-9 also considering a 4-door Mazda pickup that matches the rest of the lineup in terms of styling and that's just one scenario...Seems to me it would make a nice addition to the lineup for NA.

Back