Do you take better care of your car than yourself?

As above

• Yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Well...
>My car gets more exercise than I do
>I only feed it premium fuel, even around the holidays
>Barring an accident, the body's not gonna change shape

On the other hand, I've owned the car for about 8 months and have only washed it 4-5 times, so I got the slight edge there.

So is this some kind of subliminal New Year's advice?

Had it a few months, already made some modifications... sometimes I feel I treat the car better than myself!

Last edited:
I voted yes because it gets detailed in the spring and summer, but I don't get manicures or pedicures. I spend about as much on mods as I do on home gym equipment, but the CX-9 gets 91 and synthetic oil while I find myself snacking on empty calories quite often.

No. It gets top quality oil and good oil filter. Everything else is to save money.
If it has even a single repair under 100K its a fail, if it has none at 150K - its a pass and will be sold at 150 no matter what. The biggest downside for Mazda vs Toyonda is that the depreciation curve for those pretty much flattens out at a point whereas for Mazda it doesn't. But still 150 and sold for 6K is pretty noice.

I wash it once every year or twice. Now I think I will need to give it a nice polish but damn it gets dirty soon. I hate the DRLs on my Touring. They look so bad, better than the burnt out LED ones I guess.

I mean, I am overweight by about 35 lbs. (215, would like to get back to 180), and my CX-5 is scratched up in a few places. So....don't know?

Some great responses so far. I can definitely understand the viewpoint of just doing the basics. I've always babied my cars, though.

Saw this image and was inspired of the need to get my ass in shape.
7nmr9rn017841.jpg

I voted yes because it gets detailed in the spring and summer, but I don't get manicures or pedicures. I spend about as much on mods as I do on home gym equipment, but the CX-9 gets 91 and synthetic oil while I find myself snacking on empty calories quite often.

I've never waxed nor undercoated myself.

Back