Disappointments / missing things in your CX-5?

6 gears is fine. Many cars with 8 gears have problems searching for the right gear and don't drive as smoothly

This may be the single reason I won't be buying a CX-5. I'd love a 2020 AWD turbo but the fuel economy rating is only slightly higher than my 2006 CRV. Seriously, in 15 years, the best we've been able to do is 4 mpg??? With the competition introducing hybrids (CRV, RAV4) or plug-in hybrids (RAV4) my conscience prevents me from pulling the trigger on something I might be driving well into 2030.
So you are comparing a 2.5l turbo with 250hp to a NA 2.4l with 156hp and think the Mazda should be able to kill it on fuel consumption? Seriously?

6 gears is fine. Many cars with 8 gears have problems searching for the right gear and don't drive as smoothly
I've seen this mentioned more than once in car magazines and articles where road tests/reviews are being done on vehicles with 8, 9 or even 10 speed transmissions.
And why ten speed transmissions? I can't believe they'd even make those. Pretty much overkill there in my humble opinion.
Might as well have a CVT if you want a ten speed. Probably not much different.

Off topic for a second, but this brings me to another point about CVT's: Almost all manufacturers that use them try to program fake shift points, to mimic a conventuonal auto transmission. They even advertise it. Why? Because nobody actually wants a whiny droning transmission that came from a snowmobile.
If it "shifts" like a real transmission, then manufacturers hope people will hate them less.

I'm personally very happy with Mazda's six speed transmission, and I hope they don't go the CVT or 9 speed tranny route.

Cheers.

My observations after owning my '20 GT for just a couple of day.

1) Seat bottoms are too short. I feel like my legs don't get enough support compared to other cars I've had. They could have at least added a manual extender.
2) Center armrest is too far back. It should have the ability to slide forward.

I will update as I find more lol

That’s software programming issue, not the 8-speed transmission itself. The programming on shifting has been gradually improved. It gives you a bit better MPG. I’d prefer an 8-speed transmission over cylinder deactivation anytime for fuel economy purpose.

No cargo cover as standard equipment. C’mon Mazda, I’m not paying $200 for something that was provided for free in the 2010 Mazda 3 hatchbacks.

I have no use for a cargo cover. My Accord wagon came with one but it ended up in the attic.

One thing I would like is a better clock/time display! There is so much room on the front dash, above the A/C controls for it. It's even worse when you use Android Auto with waze its this tiny display in the left side of the display screen.

No cargo cover as standard equipment. C’mon Mazda, I’m not paying $200 for something that was provided for free in the 2010 Mazda 3 hatchbacks.
Seems to be pretty common these days. Our top of the line Acura RDX Advance didn't come with a cargo cover either. We had to pay for it as an accessory.

It does.
But that's like saying you wish it had Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink®...

It also has a Turbo and a 360 camera. Just need to get the higher trim
Yea, 4 months AFTER I bought mine... *Angry face*

(I was going for comedy, bro)

Back