Disable Database Artist Name Retrieval

:
2020 CX-5
I listen almost exclusively to audiobooks while driving. I find it mildly irritating that whatever database the Mazda infotainment system uses often changes the name of the book's author to some similar, but incorrect, name. I'm guessing this happens because the database mainly contains music artists as opposed to authors.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks.

#FirstWorldProblems LOL. Hit the home button to put something else on screen?

if you don’t know what book you’re listening to without a display of what’s playing, you must not be paying enough attention.

I listen almost exclusively to audiobooks while driving. I find it mildly irritating that whatever database the Mazda infotainment system uses often changes the name of the book's author to some similar, but incorrect, name. I'm guessing this happens because the database mainly contains music artists as opposed to authors.

Is there any way to stop this?

Thanks.
How are you playing your audiobooks? CarPlay? From an app on your phone via Bluetooth? USB stick?

@mraub1 There are no settings in the infotainment system that would affect the artist/author/song/album display names for MP3 files.

With MP3 files, the song title, artist name and album name that are displayed on the infotainment system come from tags that are embedded in the file. It could be the case that the tags in some of your files are incorrect. This could have happened when the MP3 files were ripped from a CD for example.

If you play one of the audiobooks that doesn't display correctly in your car and play it on a computer, are the artist, album, etc fields displayed correctly there?

There are various MP3 tag editors that will allow viewing and editing the tags using a computer. I think you could use such an editor to make corrections in your MP3 files.

I've had the same problem after ripping some CD's to USB. The album and song titles are correct when checking the computer files but in the car sometimes it shows Unknown or the song titles are mismatched.

I've had the same problem after ripping some CD's to USB. The album and song titles are correct when checking the computer files but in the car sometimes it shows Unknown or the song titles are mismatched.
Interesting. I did a test today...got an MP3 file that was tagged correctly and made 2 copies of it. In one copy I removed all of the tags. In the second copy I changed the artist, album, and song title tags. I copied all 3 files to a USB stick and took it out to my CX-5. When I played the 3 files they displayed as expected on the infotainment screen.

Another possibility is that the infotainment system is using information in the file name to ascertain artist, album, and title.

The correct author name appears when I open the MP3 file in iTunes or VLC. For some reason the Mazda system is consulting Gracenote or whatever music database is used and not finding the author's name listed, substitutes something that looks similar. I don't want to fix the database, I want to disable it.

I'm not aware that it can be disabled. Do you know which version of Gracenote you're using? If it's below version 9 you can upgrade it. That's the best I've got unfortunately. :(

Back