Daytime Running Lights

Anyone else disappointed in the functionality of the headlights? Specifically, that you can't turn them off unless the car is at a complete stop?

There are multiple threads online on how to disable the DRL's for Mazda3 and CX-5, including this one. I've tried this method several times but thus far it doesn't seem to work on the CX-30.

Anyone else disappointed in the functionality of the headlights? Specifically, that you can't turn them off unless the car is at a complete stop?

There are multiple threads online on how to disable the DRL's for Mazda3 and CX-5, including this one. I've tried this method several times but thus far it doesn't seem to work on the CX-30.

Just out of curiosity, why would you need/want to do that?

Hey Floridalivin - no worries.

So I live in a gated community and as you approach the guard you're asked to turn your lights off so as to not blind them and also so they can see your community car decal easier so they can wave you through. On my other car I typically just drop down to my parking lights.

With the way the CX-30 lights function I'm unable to do this, so I'm blinding the guard with my LED headlights.

Hey Floridalivin - no worries.

So I live in a gated community and as you approach the guard you're asked to turn your lights off so as to not blind them and also so they can see your community car decal easier so they can wave you through. On my other car I typically just drop down to my parking lights.

With the way the CX-30 lights function I'm unable to do this, so I'm blinding the guard with my LED headlights.
Guess he'll have to gets his sunglasses when he sees you coming...lol.

Back