Dandan's build thread!!

picked em up tonight!! k1 technologies long rods and 8.8 to 1 comp. wiseco coated pistons. look at the comparison, really shows how tiny the stock rods are.
rodsandpistons.jpg

where are you guys getting these 8.8:1 wiseco's from? i would have just got those instead of my 8.5:1, cuz i really didnt need that low compression

hey dan, nice stuff so far. good choice with the haltech, you're going to love it. i wanted to sub on this build to see how it all turns out. good choices on products!

i saw in your profile you are a paint guy. I have been for over 14 years now. I do all my own fabricating too. keep up the good work...

oh and talked with u know who tonight and he said he shipped ur motor out, congrats. when u putting it in?

Im in the process of installing the oil pan and head still. Working on it :p ill most likely post up a build thread cause im bored like that lol.

where are you guys getting these 8.8:1 wiseco's from? i would have just got those instead of my 8.5:1, cuz i really didnt need that low compression

there are only 3 sets left. and i cant say where i got them. lol lets just say there is a asian guy that lives close to me, he owns a website that most of u know. these are on it.

hey dan, nice stuff so far. good choice with the haltech, you're going to love it. i wanted to sub on this build to see how it all turns out. good choices on products!

i saw in your profile you are a paint guy. I have been for over 14 years now. I do all my own fabricating too. keep up the good work...

ive been at it for 4 now. but i catch onto stuff like a sponge and am pretty good at what i do. im probably better then the senior painter at our shop and he has been doin it for 40 years. i love it.

there are only 3 sets left. and i cant say where i got them. lol lets just say there is a asian guy that lives close to me, he owns a website that most of u know. these are on it.

got it, i didnt even bother to check there for any parts...i think im gonna start buying all my stuff there, they have a huge selection compared to PG

I love seeing MSP build threads. Glad to see you going forged and good luck with the build. Post pics too if you have some.

Dandan,

Have you picked up a set of injectors yet? If you are looking for 350whp in the future, you'll find that the wrx injectors are going to be nearing there limits (if not just a little beyond). I'd suggest something in the 600cc-800cc range, just so you have a little head room and aren't overtaxing your fuel system.

Dandan,

Have you picked up a set of injectors yet? If you are looking for 350whp in the future, you'll find that the wrx injectors are going to be nearing there limits (if not just a little beyond). I'd suggest something in the 600cc-800cc range, just so you have a little head room and aren't overtaxing your fuel system.

I have the 800's. I can tell you they are great! The fit is perfect, no wire splicing and the price was good. These guys stand behind the product too. I was on the phone with a few questions about latency, and they answered everything. No feelings of being rushed off the phone either. My injector duty cycle is only about 8-9% when cruising and no idle problems so the atomization must be incredible.

BUMP

Can't wait to see how the build turns out. I can't decide to go with the 28R or 30R also, because I'm aiming for 400hp. So I'm at a little dilemma on which turbo I should choose. Also I need to figure out if these will be fine for that hp.

Deatschwerks - 440cc Injectors or 600cc
ACT - Extreme Duty Clutch / Fidanza Flywheel or SPEC Stage 4 Clutch / Flywheel
MFactory LSD or Quaife LSD

BUMP

Can't wait to see how the build turns out. I can't decide to go with the 28R or 30R also, because I'm aiming for 400hp. So I'm at a little dilemma on which turbo I should choose. Also I need to figure out if these will be fine for that hp.

what piston/rods u going with? theres only 2 more sets of those 8.8's left! lol
But go with a GT3071R like the cool kids are doing these days! :D

BUMP

im also shootin for the 400 hp range.

Yeah, Citizenpro was mentioning that the 28R will be the best all around turbo to get. I really wanted to aim at 400, but he to said 350 was MORE then enough and if I wanted anything more I would have to spend stupid money on the tranny, plus axles etc. etc.

I'm so CONFUSED@! I don't know what to do. (dunno)

Last edited:
Back