CX-9 Real time traffic Android Auto question

Does the built-in Nav have real-time traffic and does the Android Auto with Google Maps display real-time traffic on a CX-9?

My built in Nav does not appear to have built in real time traffic and when I have Android Auto enabled with Google Maps selected, the roads are not displaying the traffic. It definitely works on my phone when not in AA.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

My new ‘21 definitely displays traffic (red, yellow, green lines along roads). However not all map scales display traffic, sometimes it takes a minute or so to update or display the traffic, and you also need to ensure you have the traffic portion of SiriusXM subscription paid for and active.

I have yet to attempt smartphone enabled displays, so I can’t help you there.

Upvote 0
With the built in NAV, you get Sirius XM Traffic included for 3 years, and I do see the different colors.

Most of the time, I'm using Android Auto so my Google Maps are overlayed and I see the Google traffic info.

Can you share some screen shots?

Upvote 0
I got Android auto to work in my 2020 CX-9 where it displays real time traffic on google maps.

Now, on the built in Nav, I have Sirius XM but don't see the colored roads in the Mazda Nav.

Upvote 0
Does the built-in Nav have real-time traffic and does the Android Auto with Google Maps display real-time traffic on a CX-9?

My built in Nav does not appear to have built in real time traffic and when I have Android Auto enabled with Google Maps selected, the roads are not displaying the traffic. It definitely works on my phone when not in AA.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Yes, i have noticed that it does not display the real time traffic in Mazda maps. They show real time in another screen somewhere with a list of all road closures, traffic jambs etc. Not nice option or easily accessible when driving. That is one downside. Also if u use google maps the Heads Up Display on Signature model will not display the route, so i use the Mazda map i like the mazda map. Try it before u dismiss it. Its alternative colour coded route selection option is awesome when driving.

Upvote 0
Back