CX-8 key fob battery replacement problem

:
CX-8 2020
One of my 2 key fob batteries has gone flat. Car is only 4 months old. It's different from my CX-5 and can't work out how to get the battery out to replace it. HELP!

They usually put this type of information in the Owner's Manual. Are you in Japan or Australia? I tried searching the Japanese CX-8 Owner's Manual and found it here, but I can't read kanji. The Austrailian CX-8's Owner's Manual is available via MyMazda.com, but I can only register for the NA region, so I can't check MyMazda AU to see if their manual details the process.

With that said, if your keyfob is the same as the 2018 CX-9 keyfob, you can use this link for reference.

If all else fails, just bring the keyfob to your nearest Mazda dealer and they can help you figure it out.

Upvote 0
They usually put this type of information in the Owner's Manual. Are you in Japan or Australia? I tried searching the Japanese CX-8 Owner's Manual and found it here, but I can't read kanji. The Austrailian CX-8's Owner's Manual is available via MyMazda.com, but I can only register for the NA region, so I can't check MyMazda AU to see if their manual details the process.

With that said, if your keyfob is the same as the 2018 CX-9 keyfob, you can use this link for reference.

If all else fails, just bring the keyfob to your nearest Mazda dealer and they can help you figure it out.
Many thanks for the reply. The CX-8 key is different from the CX-9 link you sent (and different from my old CX-5 too). Looks like a trip to my Mazda dealer. Rang and they said 'it's easy when you know how'. Isn't everything?!?

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the reply. The CX-8 key is different from the CX-9 link you sent (and different from my old CX-5 too). Looks like a trip to my Mazda dealer. Rang and they said 'it's easy when you know how'. Isn't everything?!?
Lol yes that can be true. Can you post a picture of your keyfob? Does it look like the new keyfob style in this picture?

2019-mazda3-sedan-45-1553870312.jpg

Upvote 0
Back