CX-7 Electric Liftgate

One feature I’ve noticed that’s available on other Mazda crossovers—but is conspicuously absent on the CX-7—is a power liftgate. The CX-9, CX-5, and even the budget-priced CX-3 offer this feature, but it was never offered on the CX-7, Mazda’s crowning achievement of crossover performance! No matter what trim level and options you have, every CX-7 has a blanked-out switch in the cluster that houses the headlight angle, blind spot monitoring, and traction control switches. This blanked space was meant for a power liftgate control button, but the CX-7 was discontinued in 2012, and the option never arrived…until now!

Realizing that the CX-7 continues to enjoy great popularity, and that Mazda has yet to surpass it in handling, performance, and comfort, the option to have an electric liftgate is the the only feature this terrific SUV really lacked. To that end, in collaboration with a developer overseas, we’ve come up with a kit that works on any model year or trim level! It provides the same functionality as any OEM power liftgate, works with the car’s original key fob, and can also be opened and closed from inside the car.

This kit is inexpensive, safe, easy to install (2-3 hours’ labor) and maintains the stock appearance of the car. When opening or closing, the liftgate stops if it encounters any obstacle. I installed our prototype on my daily driver, and it was a complete success. I sold out of my first production run, so I’d like to get an idea of who is interested. This is the only power liftgate kit in the world compatible with the Mazda CX-7.

@efi_racing You can check interest but please note you need to obtain the appropriate Vendor status from me before conducting business in any way, shape or form on Mazdas247. Here's a link for more info...

Back