CX-7 2.3L Turbo Acceleration issue

Hi, just got my cx-7 2.3 yesterday for a cheapish price looked good and sounds fine, there was one error code that was related to low voltage, the chap I got it off had already said he had it on the drive a couple of months previous and the battery had gone flat so he had started taking it out once a week.

However driving it around a bit I am noticing an issue under heavy acceleration where the engine would rev up and come back down and do that maybe a couple more times (3rd and 4th gear I have done this in) but the car doesn't accelerate as I would expect (evenly with the engine rpm)

My initial thought is the clutch issue but there is enough power to the wheels that I can easily get the tcs to activate in lower gears and is fine under normal driving and normal acceleration (not flooring it) so I am wondering if anyone may be able to suggest anything.

The way it acts reminds me of what an automatic would do when changing gears under acceleration and as it's a manual this wouldn't be the case unless it's something to do with a secondary clutch on the 4wd and the stability control system is doing something (afaik there is only one auto clutch for the rear wheels and the 4wd light isn't showing while the previous owner said he had that showing when he was in snow and lights up when ignition is first on so assume it's working)

So early signs of clutch failure?

Hi, just got my cx-7 2.3 yesterday for a cheapish price looked good and sounds fine, there was one error code that was related to low voltage, the chap I got it off had already said he had it on the drive a couple of months previous and the battery had gone flat so he had started taking it out once a week.

However driving it around a bit I am noticing an issue under heavy acceleration where the engine would rev up and come back down and do that maybe a couple more times (3rd and 4th gear I have done this in) but the car doesn't accelerate as I would expect (evenly with the engine rpm)

My initial thought is the clutch issue but there is enough power to the wheels that I can easily get the tcs to activate in lower gears and is fine under normal driving and normal acceleration (not flooring it) so I am wondering if anyone may be able to suggest anything.

The way it acts reminds me of what an automatic would do when changing gears under acceleration and as it's a manual this wouldn't be the case unless it's something to do with a secondary clutch on the 4wd and the stability control system is doing something (afaik there is only one auto clutch for the rear wheels and the 4wd light isn't showing while the previous owner said he had that showing when he was in snow and lights up when ignition is first on so assume it's working)

So early signs of clutch failure?
I have a 2007 mazda cx7, code is p0193. I changed the fuel rail sensor but it's still having issues accelerating. So I'm ordering the fuel filter, fuel regulator and fuel relay. I'm hoping this fixes the issue. Also I think if gas is leaking I should take all the oil out and change the oil filter as well...What are y'all thoughts?

Back