CX-5 Towing...Blew up transmission!

If you can, Could you please post a picture of the ability of SG2 to read trans temp? Thanks in advance

Trans Fluid Temp is an X-code that must be entered manually.

Attachments

• Scangaugee.jpg
    Scangaugee.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 105
Saw this post on Facebook, for some Euro markets, the towing capacity is up to 4,400 lbs with a braked trailer, and with a smaller motor. Both the CX-5 and the price of fuel are much more expensive in most European markets, so I'm not too envious, but still interesting.

1660422354737.png

Sorry to hear of that experience. I think there were some other folks on the forum who regularly towed things with their CX-5, but I wonder how big. I likewise would not be inclined to tow much of anything with mine, just like I wouldn't really use it as an off-road vehicle.

I also have a service coming up to drain/fill my transmission fluid. I last did it around 71k miles and am at 103k now. Probably once I hit about 110k I'm going to go ahead and do another drain/fill before its time for coolant at 120k.

Glad to hear the remanufactured tranny is working well.
81B55B04-A841-4B9D-BBB2-FB770CEBBA74.jpeg

This is what I towed crossed the United States. 55 day 9,435 mile trip. Had no problems with the transmission or over heating.

View attachment 312550
This is what I towed crossed the United States. 55 day 9,435 mile trip. Had no problems with the transmission or over heating.
I can't tell from the pic. Is that about a 2018 with the 2.5 normally aspirated (185hp) with cylinder deactivation?

What kind of mpg do you get pulling that trailer? I figure that's gotta be pushin' 4000lbs give or take.

I can't tell from the pic. Is that about a 2018 with the 2.5 normally aspirated (185hp) with cylinder deactivation?

What kind of mpg do you get pulling that trailer? I figure that's gotta be pushin' 4000lbs give or take.

Your right it’s a 2.5l and the trailer was 3900lbs on avg I was getting 14.5mpg. On the hills I was getting 11 on the flat I was getting 18.5

I'm guessing it's a tad beyond the CX-5's safety limits.

It is, according to Mazda US... according to Mazda Europe, it's well within the limits!

It's crazy that Mazda says a CX-5 Turbo can only tow 2,000 pounds in the U.S., yet a CX-5 with a smaller, non-turbo engine is good for more than twice that... if it's located in Europe!

I’m pretty impressed with how my NA ‘15 tows around 1600 lbs…. I can only imagine how much better with the diesel or turbo motor

I’m pretty impressed with how my NA ‘15 tows around 1600 lbs…. I can only imagine how much better with the diesel or turbo motor
Yeah, if I had a turbo I’m sure I would have forgotten about my camper. As is there was times I was cruising down the highway and forgot I had a trailer behind me.

Back