2017~2024 CX-5 Touring Accessory

Hey, guys so I am finally getting my 2018 CX-5 Touring next week!
It doesn't come with a preferred package though, so I would like to add some accessories to it.

The one I already made my mind is:
1. Apple CarPlay
2. Splash Guards
3. Rear-Bumper Guard

The one I decided to buy but don't know what brand is good:
1. Cargo mats/ floor mats (I have to get this, but what brand? Heard that official Mazda one sucks)

The one I'm deciding if I should buy (and I need advice on) is:
1. Interior lights (Changes to LED light in the inside -- do I need it?)
2. Fog lights (This looks cool, but is it helpful?)
3. Auto-dimming rearview mirror (Is this helpful)?

Some people said to get a good dashcam rather than purchase all of these.
What do you guys think?

I have the Mazda rubber cargo mat. While I've only had it for a few weeks it seems okay. It fits perfectly and works with the Mazda cargo net.

My Signature has Fog Lights and Auto-Dimming mirror. I haven't driven in fog yet, so I don't know how effective the lights are. I suspect they're more "style" lights than true fog lights. The Mirror seems fine. I actually like it better than my previous car (BMW Z4). The BMW dimmed both the inside and outside mirrors and since the car was so low the sensors were overloaded by any vehicle higher than it (effectively everything). The CX-5 dimming is more subtle.

LED interior lights are nice, but not necessary,
i would much rather get a dashcam for safety.

also look at the sequential turn indicators instead of the foglights...there's a running thread on this below

I have the Mazda rubber cargo mat. While I've only had it for a few weeks it seems okay. It fits perfectly and works with the Mazda cargo net.

My Signature has Fog Lights and Auto-Dimming mirror. I haven't driven in fog yet, so I don't know how effective the lights are. I suspect they're more "style" lights than true fog lights. The Mirror seems fine. I actually like it better than my previous car (BMW Z4). The BMW dimmed both the inside and outside mirrors and since the car was so low the sensors were overloaded by any vehicle higher than it (effectively everything). The CX-5 dimming is more subtle.

So what do you think I should get? Do you think it's worth it to get the auto-dimming rearview mirror?

LED interior lights are nice, but not necessary,
i would much rather get a dashcam for safety.

also look at the sequential turn indicators instead of the foglights...there's a running thread on this below

Would the interior lights convert everything to led including the standard lights from the top?

yes you can change all interior to led if that was the question. They are standard bulbs easily changeable.

Mazda OEM offers heavy duty hard rubber cargo mat. Mazda OEM also has a soft cargo liner.
I own both and much prefer the soft cargo liner, which covers the rear of the back seats as well as flip down piece to protect the exterior metal when loading and unloading cargo.
Also, the Covercraft brand sun screen is excellent, custom fit for CX-5.
For paint care I recommend Griot's synthetic clay followed by Griot's Polywax.

yes you can change all interior to led if that was the question. They are standard bulbs easily changeable.

So if I purchase the interior lighting kit offered by the dealer, would the whole (every single light) will change to 100% LED?
If it is, I will just do it from them.

"The one I decided to buy but don't know what brand is good:
1. Cargo mats/ floor mats (I have to get this, but what brand? Heard that official Mazda one sucks)"

I purchased the Husky cargo mat and for the front floor mats I purchased the 3-D Maxpider mats. The Husky cargo mat fits like a glove and the Maxpider provide excellent coverage and also fit great.

Wade

I have the Weathertech mats. They fit well and look nice, but the one does not completely cover the driver's left footrest...there is exposed carpet from the pad of my foot forward. That few inches of carpet got dirty real fast. I'm on the lookout for something suitable to cut to fit to slide under the mat and extend the protection (something like the vinyl chair mat material.)

I also got the Westhertech cargo liner. It has a raised ridge around where the tie-down clips are on the floor...you have to cut the liner yourself so the clips are accessible if you wish to. The raised ridge shields spills from the clip cutouts.

I also got these and really like them:

CT_Paint.jpg

These plastic corners are non-slip, and grip to carpet or any mat/liner. I can put plastic bags of groceries (or anything else) in the back and corral them with these "cargo containers" to hold the contents upright and prevent shifting around. https://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/

Back