CX-5 Steering Wheel Cover options?

:
Utah
:
2021 CX-5 GTR
Just got a new CX-5 GT-R. Really regretting it. The biggest issues are the seats, which there is a lot of talk about, and the steering wheel. I have not seen any comments on the steering wheel though. The rim seems to have a triangle shape, and I find it downright painful to grip. Thinking of trying an extra steering wheel cover, but I hate tacky loose generic ones. I've seen one custom-fit one on here, black with red stitching, but that's it. Are there any others?

I’m sorry that you are unhappy with your new CX-5. The seats are a personal concern, mine were a slight issue at first but soon softened up and are no longer a problem - for me. Not sure about the steering wheel, I can’t see any problem although the rim is a bit smaller in cross section than in some other vehicles.

Perhaps something like this would work for your.

044C2121-6E23-4E5F-AAD4-844D4F021DC1.jpeg

I’m sorry that you are unhappy with your new CX-5. The seats are a personal concern, mine were a slight issue at first but soon softened up and are no longer a problem - for me. Not sure about the steering wheel, I can’t see any problem although the rim is a bit smaller in cross section than in some other vehicles.

Perhaps something like this would work for your.

View attachment 298105
Thanks, I guess I could try something like that, it's certainly cheap enough. The steering wheel isn't as bad if I make sure I keep my hands at 9 and 3 instead of 10 and 2, but we'll see.

I was thinking the seats might soften up but from other posts it doesn't sound like it; glad yours did.

Thanks, I'll probably try one of those out. I just wonder if the edge would bother me when using the steering wheel controls.

Doesn't look like it, at least for me. I cannot feel the edge as my hand is lifted up just a bit right there as I reach my thumb to the controls.

Attachments

• 20210502_132649.jpg
    20210502_132649.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 155
I think a custom shop can make you a steering wheel cover to spec.

I love the firm seats, but if you have issues I've seen a bunch of memory foam covers on here that seem to fix the issue for those.

Really weird with the seat issues, it's almost like they're installing from two different manufacturers or something. Either people love them, or they hurt.

The steering wheel isn't as bad if I make sure I keep my hands at 9 and 3 instead of 10 and 2, but we'll see.
The recommended hand position on the steering wheel is now 9 and 3 mainly to keep your hands out of the way of an exploding air bag. Most manufacturers intentionally make the 9 and 3 position more comfortable than 10 and 2 for that reason.

Back