CX-5 Rough Idle

2015 CX-5 2.0l Sport: Encountered rough running and loss of power.
Drove about 250 miles last Saturday with no problems, next day went to the store with no issue. Leaving the parking lot and about 1/4 mile down the street, suddenly felt vibrations/ rough operation with a flashing CEL, TCS and Tire Pressure light and loss of power. The lights went steady and we limped home which was close by. I read thru forums and talked to a friend who said he’s seen this before and said it probably was the battery. I replaced the battery and the problem sort of went away. It still runs kind of rough, but no caution lights. Does the CEL need time to come on?

Flashing CEL usually means dangerous misfire, which (if so) is highly unlikely to be caused by a bad battery. What codes were set when the CEL was on? Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs?

Upvote 0
Went straight home with solid cel, I don’t have a tester so couldn’t get codes. Don’t know about the spark plugs yet.

Upvote 0
Take it to an auto parts store and have it scanned for codes. There are different types of codes, such as pending and permanent, so some might still be available even if the CEL is not on right now.

Upvote 0
Back