CX 5 passenger window not working

Hi unfortunately my car is 2k over so warranty expired.
My passenger side window just stopped working. It worked yesterday. When I press it it makes a noise like it wants to go down but it's stuck. I tried holding it up and down for 2 seconds but it's still not opening. Would it be a fuse on just one window? Or motor? I appreciate any advice for DIY. It's $150 just to go to diagnose at the dealer.
Thank you. All tips appreciated

I'll get a mod to move this to the CX5 General group for you where it will get some attention.

This area is to get support in using the forum's features.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you spoke with the dealer already to see if they might help you out.

It's always worth a try.

It depends how confident you are about pulling a door to bits but all the parts are readily available. If you can hear the motor, it’s probably a drive cable. You can always go to an independent garage, it’s fairly general stuff.

Hi unfortunately my car is 2k over so warranty expired.
My passenger side window just stopped working. It worked yesterday. When I press it it makes a noise like it wants to go down but it's stuck. I tried holding it up and down for 2 seconds but it's still not opening. Would it be a fuse on just one window? Or motor? I appreciate any advice for DIY. It's $150 just to go to diagnose at the dealer.
Thank you. All tips appreciated
Here are some simple DIYs to try before you take it to the dealer:
Click me

Back