CX-5 MPG with Turbo vs NA?

My biggest critique of the ACC on the CX-5 is the overzealous desire to maintain the speed no matter what. It only tends to give a ~1-2 MPH buffer when coasting down hill before braking down to the set MPH.

It kills your top end mpgs when it brakes down every single hill. Otherwise, it's so handy on the interstate.
I'm on the flat east coast so barely ever run into any hills. Around here it's flat as Kansas.
If I were dealing with a lot of hills I would probably just turn it off and drive with my foot.

I can't stand it. It will slow down when I would just pass the car in front of me.

Overall I really like the auto cruise, certainly when driving on city/suburban streets with spotty traffic. But I have to agree, on highways it tends to annoy me for the reasons you state. Or better still, in stop & go traffic.

You can still pass cars like you normally would, just press on the gas.

Yes, you can, but you have to notice the fact that you've slowed! I find it slows so gently that you don't notice when the idiot in front has slowed and you wonder why all these mad drivers are speeding past you. Then you glance at the speedo and think duh!

Overall I really like the auto cruise, certainly when driving on city/suburban streets with spotty traffic. But I have to agree, on highways it tends to annoy me for the reasons you state. Or better still, in stop & go traffic.

Yes, you can, but you have to notice the fact that you've slowed! I find it slows so gently that you don't notice when the idiot in front has slowed and you wonder why all these mad drivers are speeding past you. Then you glance at the speedo and think duh!
Exactly!

Back