CX-5 Infotainment Screen Protector?

:
-- 2016 CX5 GS
Has anyone tried installing a screen protector for their infotainment system?

I'm not worried about scratches, but I was hoping it would reduce finger prints and maybe some glare?

Thanks!

@escape75

I have not personally bought and installed one but many have...

Yes reduces finger prints and some glare.

If I could only locate one for the 2016 Nav unit ...

I think 2015 had smaller displays, and 2017 got the top mounted style,
so there doesn't seem to be many options for the 2016 one :)

Plus, do I really want glossy, hmm.

If I could only locate one for the 2016 Nav unit ...
Plus, do I really want glossy, hmm.

how about:

or

Amazon one seems to be out of stock, and eBay one doesn't ship to Canada :(

Thanks for looking though, I think I've located one on amazon.ca,
but I just wanted to make sure it won't be very glossy as that might get annoying :)

I so rarely touch the screen I sometimes have to remember that others do. :D
I have screen protectors on everything.

I just checked Amazon and while they have a number of glass screen protectors for the 2017-2020 CX-5 infotainment screens, all of them have at least several reviews saying the size of the glass protector is smaller than the actual screen. Does anyone know of a glass protector that is the exact size of the screen?

True, I'm probably touching it often now since I'm playing with it and learning it. :)

I guess I can't even touch for Android Auto so it might not be a big deal.

As a side note, I've noticed after upgrading the hub from the old style to the AA/CP one, that when I have my USB stick plugged in with MP3's, it sometimes doesn't re-connect and switches to radio, where the original model used to do it when starting the car.

It might also be connected to starting it with a remote starter, either way not a big deal.

OK so that's actually a typo / autocorrect. I *hate* screen protectors on everything. Don't use them on anything in my life. I should mention it's the plastic glass ones I hate. I have used liquid ones on my past 2 phones and my sons Switch.
I swear by the Spigen ones.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
People don't believe me when I tell them they work for scratch protection. I could show you my old phone and you wouldn't believe I used it for almost 2 years with no other protection.

OK so that's actually a typo / autocorrect. I *hate* screen protectors on everything. Don't use them on anything in my life. I should mention it's the plastic glass ones I hate. I have used liquid ones on my past 2 phones and my sons Switch.
I swear by the Spigen ones.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
People don't believe me when I tell them they work for scratch protection. I could show you my old phone and you wouldn't believe I used it for almost 2 years with no other protection.

Interesting, I thought they were mostly for fingerprint protection.

I think it also depends how a phone is handled obviously, and new phones also have better screens out of the box. I don't mind protectors myself, but also if I have a glossy phone screen I can always tilt it, with a car's Nav unit it's harder to do. :)

I think it also depends how a phone is handled obviously, and new phones also have better screens out of the box.
Yea, that's the thing though. I am not kind to my phones. They get dropped and knocked far too often.
Is the newer Mazda screen glossy? Becase my 16 is pretty matte.

Last edited:
Yea, that's the thing though. I am not kind to my phones. They get dropped and knocked far too often.
Is the newer azda screen glossy? Becase my 16 is pretty matte.

I don't know, I think they're all matte, mine is a 16 and it's matte like you said...I was just saying with a screen protector it would probably get more glossy. :)

It might make it "pop" a little more but would also add reflections.

Oh oh oh. I thought you were saying it WAS glossy. Gotcha.

Ladd: don't use a screen protector. ;)

Back